    Regards
    Peter Jenkins
    see http://www.sensiblesentencing.org.nz

    Peter Jenkins, Mar 5, 2008

  2. Peter Jenkins

    frederick Guest

    Peter Jenkins wrote:
    > I need to put together a simple photo survey for someone I am
    > maintaining a site for (not the Trust BTW, this is a paying client :)
    >
    > Basically the idea is that there will be a number of photos on a page,
    > and site visitors will be invited to vote for their favourite. There
    > will be a prize of a reasonable value, so I need something with a
    > reasonable level of security. i.e something that is not too easy to
    > hack/ skew the results. I dont really want to get involved in writing/
    > adapting scripts etc myself, I dont have the time or inclination to
    > reinvent the wheel to be honest, would prefer to use someone else's
    > proven product. The client is happy to pay so the solution doesn't
    > have to be free.
    >
    > Anyone got any good suggestions, or has used something similar
    > themselves that you can recommend using/ avoiding? I have Googled, but
    > haven't found anything of much use.

    Having browsed many photo competition sites, I can tell you that "viewer
    ratings/votes" seem to be a hugely abused system, where multiple logins,
    self-voting, and rampant self-promotion can be a rewarding activity.
    That's when there's nothing on offer as a prize, except for fame and glory.
    Add money in to the mix, and IMO you're asking for trouble.
    If it were a straight photo competition, then a (panel of) competent
    judge(s) is possibly a better idea, but of course will still also result
    in unhappy punters.

    frederick, Mar 5, 2008

  3. Peter Jenkins

    neutrino Guest

    On Mar 6, 7:07 am, Peter Jenkins <> wrote:
    > I need to put together a simple photo survey for someone I am
    > maintaining a site for (not the Trust BTW, this is a paying client :)
    >
    > Basically the idea is that there will be a number of photos on a page,
    > and site visitors will be invited to vote for their favourite. There
    > will be a prize of a reasonable value, so I need something with a
    > reasonable level of security. i.e something that is not too easy to
    > hack/ skew the results. I dont really want to get involved in writing/
    > adapting scripts etc myself, I dont have the time or inclination to
    > reinvent the wheel to be honest, would prefer to use someone else's
    > proven product. The client is happy to pay so the solution doesn't
    > have to be free.

    Snip

    Hi,
    I did a search "vote scripts" "voting Scripts" "photo voting scripts"
    and here's a selection of some that might be interesting, ot at least
    give you an idea what's available ...

    http://www.advancescripts.com/detailed/728.html

    http://www.scriptsbank.com/PHP_Scripts/Polls_and_Voting/index.html

    http://webscripts.softpedia.com/script/Polls-and-Voting/Reviews/PHP-Photo-Vote-1722.html