    I know Seattle Filmworks does this but was wondering about any others.

    Thanks in advance.

    - David

    Newdiver2, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Newdiver2

    Ed Guest

    I tried it at CVS and the results were horrible! so I bought an HP
    Photosmart 230 printer (just prints 4X6 whichis what I wanted) and it
    does atremendous job.

    Ed

    Ed, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Newdiver2

    Rex Harris Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    > I tried it at CVS and the results were horrible! so I bought an HP
    > Photosmart 230 printer (just prints 4X6 whichis what I wanted) and it
    > does atremendous job.
    >
    > Ed
    >
    > In article <>,
    > (Newdiver2) wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All:
    > >
    > > I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiences (good or bad) to report

    about
    > > getting digital images printed at either a photo store or preferably via

    mail.
    > > (That is, I'd upload the images and get the prints back via mail in a

    few
    > > days.)
    > >
    > > I know Seattle Filmworks does this but was wondering about any others.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > - David

    I had about 40 images printed out at Target and the same ones printed at a
    local Wolf Camera store. They both were way better than I had expected.
    There was really little difference in the two although those printed at Wolf
    were some sharper and the colors were better reproduced and more natural.
    These were 4X6 prints. The ones from Target cost .35 each and those from
    Wolf cost .45 cents each. In the future I would use Target for snapshots
    and Wolf for anything I really wanted a decent reproduction from.
    Rex............

    Rex Harris, Aug 26, 2003
  4. (Newdiver2) writes:

    > Hi All:
    >
    > I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiences (good or bad) to report
    > about getting digital images printed at either a photo store or preferably
    > via mail. (That is, I'd upload the images and get the prints back via mail
    > in a few days.)
    >
    > I know Seattle Filmworks does this but was wondering about any others.

    I generally like places that use the Fuji Frontier machine (Walmart, Ritz, plus
    two local places, walmart.com, etc.). If I can wait for the print to come
    back, for standard sized prints I use walmart.com. They print on glossy paper,
    which is great for stand alone prints, but is not as desirable for framed
    prints. I have two 18x24 prints on matte paper from ezprints.com that are just
    fantasitc (and this was from my 2 megapixel Olympus C-2100UZ).

    Other photo processing places whose URLs I've noted are:

    http://www.ofoto.com/ (Kodak)
    http://www.fototime.com/ (Fujicolor glossy and matte)
    http://www.shutterfly.com/ (Fujicolor)
    http://www.acilab.com/ (Kodak)
    http://www.clubphoto.com/ (Kodak glossy and matte)
    http://www.dotphoto.com/
    http://www.fujifilm.net/ (Fujicolor)
    http://www.photoaccess.com/
    http://www.printroom.com/
    http://pictopia.com/ (Fujicolor large format prints)
    http://www.bonusprint.com/ (Agfa)
    http://www.jumbogiant.com/ (Epson Ultrachrome inks and papers).

    Two reviews of online print shops:

    http://www.cs.usm.maine.edu/~gmichaud/photo_test/shootout.htm
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-1021011.html

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Newdiver2

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Newdiver2 wrote:

    > Hi All:
    >
    > I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiences (good or bad) to report
    > about getting digital images printed at either a photo store or preferably
    > via mail. (That is, I'd upload the images and get the prints back via mail in
    > a few days.)

    I have nothing but good to say about photo store prints..

    They process your images the same way they process film. Your photos are done
    on the same photopaper they use for film.

    As a matter of fact.. Unless I *need* a picture right away, ALL my 6x4 prints
    are sent out for processing. (Anything over 5x7 I do on my printer).

    I've tried WalMart, and Futureshop (Candian). Both are decent.

    Jim Townsend, Aug 26, 2003
  6. Newdiver2

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Rex Harris wrote:

    > "Ed" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I tried it at CVS and the results were horrible! so I bought an HP
    >>Photosmart 230 printer (just prints 4X6 whichis what I wanted) and it
    >>does atremendous job.
    >>
    >>Ed
    >>
    >>In article <>,
    >> (Newdiver2) wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi All:
    >>>
    >>>I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiences (good or bad) to report

    > about
    >
    >>>getting digital images printed at either a photo store or preferably via

    > mail.
    >
    >>>(That is, I'd upload the images and get the prints back via mail in a

    > few
    >
    >>>days.)
    >>>
    >>>I know Seattle Filmworks does this but was wondering about any others.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance.
    >>>
    >>>- David

    > I had about 40 images printed out at Target and the same ones printed at a
    > local Wolf Camera store. They both were way better than I had expected.
    > There was really little difference in the two although those printed at Wolf
    > were some sharper and the colors were better reproduced and more natural.
    > These were 4X6 prints. The ones from Target cost .35 each and those from
    > Wolf cost .45 cents each. In the future I would use Target for snapshots
    > and Wolf for anything I really wanted a decent reproduction from.
    > Rex............

    If you have access to Sam's Wholesale, try them. At $.019 a print, hard
    to beat.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 26, 2003
  7. all the run-of-the-mill labs I tried made print with a lousy resolution -
    nothing like printing your own on a halfway decent ink-jet printer.
    of course, if you can afford to shell out a fortune, by all means go to a
    professional lab that caters to the glossy magazine trade.

    Yehuda Paradise, Aug 27, 2003
  8. Newdiver2

    Jeremy Guest

    x-no-archive: yes
    "Newdiver2" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All:
    >
    > I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiences (good or bad) to report

    about
    > getting digital images printed at either a photo store or preferably via

    mail.
    > (That is, I'd upload the images and get the prints back via mail in a few
    > days.)
    >
    > I know Seattle Filmworks does this but was wondering about any others.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > - David

    I have gotten excellent results from OFOTO.COM, a Kodak subsidiary. They
    print on real photo paper, archival quality, not inkjet paper.

    You can get some free prints when you sign up on their website. So try 'em
    out. It won't cost you a cent, and you may just decide that they're all the
    online processor you'll ever need.

    Jeremy, Dec 3, 2003
  9. Newdiver2

    Jeremy Guest

    "Terry" <> wrote in message

    >Ofoto.com, a
    > Kodak company, had the best pictures hands down at $0.49/print although

    they
    > had a glossy finish. Both Target and Ofofto printed on Kodak paper. I
    > printed a picture that I really zoomed in on using software. Ofoto got rid
    > of all the graininess. I guess their computer interpolated missing
    > information & corrected to give a mirror sharp print. I will use Ofoto if

    > want something big like an 8 X 10.

    1: OFOTO has reduced their prices: a 4x6 is now $.29, not $.49 as
    previously.

    2: OFOTO claims that they can make a 20x30 print from a 1200 x 1800 pixel
    image (my 2.3 megapixel camera creates that size image). I have had them
    do 8 x 10 prints for me, from my 2.3 megapixel camera, and they were
    excellent.

    They are the only processor that I use--I do not have an inkjet printer, and
    I have no interest in printing my own photos. I can't speak highly enough
    of OFOTO.

    Jeremy, Dec 3, 2003