    I'm interested in purchasing a portable storage device to store digital
    photos while on vacation. Any recommendations? I have owned a 6 GB digital
    wallet for about 21/2 years now and I'm beginning to outgrow it. Thanks
    C. Lamonaca, Jan 14, 2004

  2. "C. Lamonaca" <> writes:

    > I'm interested in purchasing a portable storage device to store digital
    > photos while on vacation. Any recommendations? I have owned a 6 GB digital
    > wallet for about 21/2 years now and I'm beginning to outgrow it. Thanks

    I use the x-drive II with a used 6 gig laptop drive I purchased (ie, unlike the
    Digital Wallet, you can swap drives if need be). The only real problem I had
    with it was the early firmware stopped the transfer if the unit was jolted (I
    was sitting on a bench and some kids were jumping on the concrete next to it).
    I don't use it enough during the day that the relatively short battery life (2
    hours) would affect me. The newer firmware from October fixes this. Note, it
    is a pain to update firmware, since the only two systems supported are Windows
    98 and Windows 2000 (ie, not Windows XP). I bought my unit at:

    http://www.insidecomputer.com

    which sells other units as well.

    The other choice is a portable CD burner. The new Apacer CP200's can display
    pictures on a TV screen, act as a DVD reader, and deal with media > 700
    megabytes by spanning multiple CDs.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Jan 15, 2004

  3. C. Lamonaca

    Leana Guest

    I have a USB 2.0 portable storage HD, 40Gb, runs on batteries and last a
    long time,rechargeable, incorporating a CF reader, so no cables are
    necessary in the field, only required when downloading from the drive to PC,
    the size of a large wallet, simple commands and so far great, can be also
    used as an external hard disk when connected to Pc. The site is:
    http://www.mittoni.com

    Regards
    Rita

    Leana, Jan 16, 2004