  1. John  Mather

    John Mather Guest

    Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together
    John Mather, Oct 29, 2006

  2. John  Mather

    Charlie Choc Guest

    Charlie Choc, Oct 29, 2006

  3. "John Mather" <> wrote:

    > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

    I've been happy with Panorama Factory. I just use it for simple automated
    stitching. There are other programs (such as PTGui and PTAssembler, if
    memory serves) that give more manual control to fix up stitches that are
    difficult.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Oct 29, 2006
  4. John  Mather

    All_Thumbs Guest

    "John Mather" <> wrote in message
    > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

    Here is a first stop.

    http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

    Play with that for a while. It does very well.

    My current favourite is PTGui. I also use Autopano, sometimes just to create
    the setpoints for PTGui.

    http://www.ptgui.com/

    Opinions vary.

    You can do a lot to make panos work out better. Use manual settings on the
    camera. Use a tripod. Unless you have a pano head for the tripod, avoid
    foreground objects to eliminate parallax problems.

    r.
    All_Thumbs, Oct 29, 2006
  5. On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:49:35 GMT, John Mather <> wrote:
    > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

    You've gotten some good suggestions for Windows-based programs, but on
    the off chance that you're Mac-based, let me offer a couple for that
    side of the aisle. For fully-automated stitching, I've become quite fond
    of Calico (www.kekus.com). For jobs that need manual tweaking of the
    control points and finer control, I use Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).

    -dms
    Daniel Silevitch, Oct 29, 2006
  6. John  Mather

    simon Guest

    simon, Oct 29, 2006
  7. simon wrote:
    > I use Panorama factory too.
    > Most, if not all, of the shots here:
    > http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama
    > were stitched using it.

    And there's nothing wrong with stitching in Photoshop. Preserver layers
    when combining, and you have lots of flexibility.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Oct 29, 2006
  8. John  Mather

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Daniel Silevitch <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:49:35 GMT, John Mather <> wrote:
    > > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

    > You've gotten some good suggestions for Windows-based programs, but on
    > the off chance that you're Mac-based, let me offer a couple for that
    > side of the aisle. For fully-automated stitching, I've become quite fond
    > of Calico (www.kekus.com). For jobs that need manual tweaking of the
    > control points and finer control, I use Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).

    Many thanks! I have a G4 and I'm going to try the hugin!
    Stewy, Oct 30, 2006
  9. John  Mather

    Charlie Choc Guest

    On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:54:24 +0900, Stewy <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Daniel Silevitch <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:49:35 GMT, John Mather <> wrote:
    >> > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together

    >> You've gotten some good suggestions for Windows-based programs, but on
    >> the off chance that you're Mac-based, let me offer a couple for that
    >> side of the aisle. For fully-automated stitching, I've become quite fond
    >> of Calico (www.kekus.com). For jobs that need manual tweaking of the
    >> control points and finer control, I use Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).

    >Many thanks! I have a G4 and I'm going to try the hugin!

    PTGui has an OS/X version now too, FWIW.
    --
    Charlie...
    http://www.chocphoto.com
    Charlie Choc, Oct 30, 2006
  10. John  Mather

    ian Guest

    "Stewy" <> wrote in message
    : In article <>,
    :
    wrote:
    : > > Could someone suggest a program to stitch photo together
    : >
    : > You've gotten some good suggestions for Windows-based programs, but on
    : > the off chance that you're Mac-based, let me offer a couple for that
    : > side of the aisle. For fully-automated stitching, I've become quite fond
    : > of Calico (www.kekus.com). For jobs that need manual tweaking of the
    : > control points and finer control, I use Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).
    :
    : Many thanks! I have a G4 and I'm going to try the hugin!

    if that is a canon camera you should have got some stitchin software.
    ian, Oct 31, 2006