    than 99 pictures on a cd in a format that a dvd (that supports it) can
    display....

    Thanks in advance...

    Kardon Coupé, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Kardon Coupé

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:02:52 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Kardon Coupé"
    <prefer_to_read_replies@news_reader.com> wrote:

    >Since purchasing my digital camera, I have taken over 2000+ photos, now here
    >is my dilema, i want to put them on a cd to display on a dvd player, but the
    >software I am using (Nero - On Windows) only allows me to have 99 photos on
    >cd, which I think is a waste of cd space, does anybody know of any other
    >windows (sorry for non windows users) software, that I can use to have more
    >than 99 pictures on a cd in a format that a dvd (that supports it) can
    >display....

    VCD is limited to 99 images per chapter, but you can have more than one
    chapter per disc.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Kardon Coupé

    Ron Recer Guest

    >From: "Kardon Coupé" prefer_to_read_replies@news_reader.com
    >Date: 10/8/2003 4:02 PM Central Daylight Time

    >Since purchasing my digital camera, I have taken over 2000+ photos, now here
    >is my dilema, i want to put them on a cd to display on a dvd player, but the
    >software I am using (Nero - On Windows) only allows me to have 99 photos on
    >cd, which I think is a waste of cd space, does anybody know of any other
    >windows (sorry for non windows users) software, that I can use to have more
    >than 99 pictures on a cd in a format that a dvd (that supports it) can
    >display....
    >
    >Thanks in advance...

    The 99 is more than likely the maximum number of entries that Nero allows in
    the root directory of a CD. Try creating sub-directories/folders for your
    photo files. Space for entries in sub-directories/folders is not limited like
    it is for the root directory of the CD.

    Ron

    Ron Recer, Oct 8, 2003
  4. "Ron Recer" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >From: "Kardon Coupé" prefer_to_read_replies@news_reader.com
    > >Date: 10/8/2003 4:02 PM Central Daylight Time

    > >Since purchasing my digital camera, I have taken over 2000+ photos, now

    here
    > >is my dilema, i want to put them on a cd to display on a dvd player, but

    the
    > >software I am using (Nero - On Windows) only allows me to have 99 photos

    on
    > >cd, which I think is a waste of cd space, does anybody know of any other
    > >windows (sorry for non windows users) software, that I can use to have

    more
    > >than 99 pictures on a cd in a format that a dvd (that supports it) can
    > >display....
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance...
    > >

    > The 99 is more than likely the maximum number of entries that Nero allows

    in
    > the root directory of a CD. Try creating sub-directories/folders for your
    > photo files. Space for entries in sub-directories/folders is not limited

    like
    > it is for the root directory of the CD.

    Can anyone explain why Nero has this incredably stupid rule?

    I like to have all fonts burnt at the root... it's very annoying to have to
    change folders on and on....

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Kardon Coupé

    FOR7b Guest

    >Can anyone explain why Nero has this incredably stupid rule?
    >
    >I like to have all fonts burnt at the root... it's very annoying to have to
    >change folders on and on....
    >
    >Morgan O.

    Try other burning software. There are quite a few that are free or shareware.

    FOR7b, Oct 9, 2003