    blown version of Photo Shop?

    --
    JakeInHartsel

    Glenn Jacobs, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Glenn Jacobs

    Charlie Self Guest

    Glenn Jacobs asks:

    >I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
    >blown version of Photo Shop?

    A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.

    Charlie Self
    "It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
    common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
    ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

    Charlie Self, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Glenn Jacobs

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Glenn Jacobs <> wrote:
    >I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
    >blown version of Photo Shop?

    Depends on your knowlege of Photoshop. If you are a guru
    you will do better with it. If you are not a guru but are
    willing to spend a great deal of time learning all the
    ins and outs of Photoshop, it will be worth it.

    Otherwise let the difference in price be your guide.

    ----- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Glenn Jacobs

    GTO Guest

    48-bit TIFF. Professional tools. Great documentation (see Amazon.com for
    books about PhotoShop CS). If you want to save money, look at PaintShop Pro
    9. It has an excellent digital noise removal filter. I never liked
    stripped-down versions of good SW packages.

    Gregor

    GTO, Nov 13, 2004
  5. Glenn Jacobs

    PhotoMan Guest

    Charlie Self wrote:
    > Glenn Jacobs asks:
    >
    >> I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the
    >> full blown version of Photo Shop?

    > A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.

    It made MY wallet a lot lighter.

    PhotoMan, Nov 13, 2004
  6. Glenn Jacobs

    Aerticus Guest

    IMHO learn PSE 3 until you know it backwards and can manage every effect or
    feature to produce the output you desire.

    Once you have reached that state of awareness and familiarity you are prime
    ready for PSCS and the fuller more extensive range of variables therein

    Aerticus

    Aerticus, Nov 13, 2004
  7. Glenn Jacobs

    Don dunlap Guest

    > Glenn Jacobs asks:
    >
    >>I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
    >>blown version of Photo Shop?

    > A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.
    >
    > Charlie Self
    > "It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
    > common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
    > ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

    Don't you mean "about $450 Lighter"? :)

    Don Dunlap

    Don dunlap, Nov 13, 2004
  8. Glenn Jacobs

    Charlie Self Guest

    Don Dunlap catches me with:

    >"Charlie Self" <> wrote in message
    >> Glenn Jacobs asks:
    >>
    >>>I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
    >>>blown version of Photo Shop?

    >> A wallet that is about $450 heavier, unless you're a pro.
    >>
    >> Charlie Self
    >> "It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
    >> common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
    >> ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

    >Don't you mean "about $450 Lighter"? :)

    Ayup. Sorry about that. Can you have sentence dyslexia?

    Charlie Self, Nov 13, 2004
  9. Glenn Jacobs

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    GTO wrote:

    > 48-bit TIFF. Professional tools. Great documentation (see Amazon.com for
    > books about PhotoShop CS). If you want to save money, look at PaintShop Pro
    > 9. It has an excellent digital noise removal filter. I never liked
    > stripped-down versions of good SW packages.

    Don't judge Elements 3.0 based on earlier versions.

    Phil Wheeler, Nov 13, 2004
  10. Glenn Jacobs

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:32:33 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Phil Wheeler
    <> wrote:

    >Don't judge Elements 3.0 based on earlier versions.

    I would like to judge it on it's own merits, but it seems Adobe can't or
    won't offer a trial version of it.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Nov 13, 2004
  11. Glenn Jacobs

    Glenn Jacobs Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:30:24 GMT, GTO wrote:

    > From: "GTO" <>
    > Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    > Subject: Re: Photo Shop versus Photo Shop Elements
    > Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:30:24 GMT
    >
    > 48-bit TIFF. Professional tools. Great documentation (see Amazon.com for
    > books about PhotoShop CS). If you want to save money, look at PaintShop Pro
    > 9. It has an excellent digital noise removal filter. I never liked
    > stripped-down versions of good SW packages.
    >
    > Gregor
    >
    > "Glenn Jacobs" <> wrote in message
    >>I have Photo Shop Elements 3.0. What would I gain by getting the full
    >> blown version of Photo Shop?
    >>
    >> --
    >> JakeInHartsel

    Thanks for the help. I think I will stick with elements 3.0 for now. It
    seems to be able to do everything that I used to do in the darkroom and
    several things that I never was able to master. Maybe some time in the
    future the 48 bit Tiff will be handy, but I guess I had best master what I
    have now. Curently I am mainly working on scanned in slides and negatives
    from my chemical dependency days (photo chemicals of course :) I have
    still to sell my darkroom equipment in order to buy a D70.
    --
    JakeInHartsel

    Glenn Jacobs, Nov 13, 2004
  12. Glenn Jacobs

    Charlie Self Guest

    Glenn Jacobs responds:

    > I have
    >still to sell my darkroom equipment in order to buy a D70.

    You better have a lot of very fancy equipment and plenty of time. Darkroom
    gear, IME, is a drug on the market and even in great shape seems to bring
    little more than a dime on a dollar.

    I sold mine a few years ago, but for far less than the Olympus C2020 I bought
    cost. Far less.

    Charlie Self, Nov 13, 2004
  13. Glenn Jacobs

    Markeau Guest

    You can dl a 30day tryout of Photoshop CS and compare for yourself ...
    http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp

    Markeau, Nov 13, 2004
  14. Glenn Jacobs

    Glenn Jacobs Guest

    On 13 Nov 2004 16:30:12 GMT, Charlie Self wrote:

    > You better have a lot of very fancy equipment and plenty of time. Darkroom
    > gear, IME, is a drug on the market and even in great shape seems to bring
    > little more than a dime on a dollar.

    Yes, but it is better than nothing. :)
    --
    JakeInHartsel

    Glenn Jacobs, Nov 13, 2004
  15. Glenn Jacobs

    Aerticus Guest

    It may be worth it for the space-lift too

    Aerticus

    Aerticus, Nov 13, 2004
  16. Glenn Jacobs

    Glenn Jacobs Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:22:10 GMT, Aerticus wrote:

    > It may be worth it for the space-lift too
    >
    > Aerticus

    right on that account!

    --
    JakeInHartsel