    still updates.

    Any one ever seen this before?

    thanks
    BEM, Nov 11, 2005

  2. BEM

    old jon Guest

    "BEM" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > photo shop 7.0 locks up when choosing the color pallete
    >
    > the user is running xp sp 2
    >
    > i uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Everything appears to work until
    > trying to choose the color pallette. Then the program appears to stop
    > responding however the window the shows the position of the cursor
    > still updates.
    >
    > Any one ever seen this before?
    >
    > thanks

    Check the Event Viewer in Win Management. It might point you to the problem.
    Could be An XP file at fault.
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Nov 11, 2005

  3. BEM

    Plato Guest

    BEM wrote:

    > photo shop 7.0 locks up when choosing the color pallete

    Photo Shop seems to require tons of ram to work properly. How much ram
    does the user have?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 12, 2005
  4. BEM

    Slackly Guest

    Plato wrote:
    -SNIP-

    > Photo Shop seems to require tons of ram to work properly. How much ram
    > does the user have?

    Photoshop also requires a fair to large amount of free drive space to
    use as scratch. Many folks who use Photoshop professioanlly keep a drive
    dedicated for a scratch drive.

    However, it's possible in this case, the color pallete plug could be
    corrupted. Any other symptoms?
    Slackly, Nov 12, 2005
  5. BEM

    Plato Guest

    Slackly wrote:

    > Photoshop also requires a fair to large amount of free drive space to
    > use as scratch. Many folks who use Photoshop professioanlly keep a drive
    > dedicated for a scratch drive.

    I dont use photoshop but my son does use it professionally. Back a month
    or so ago he was getting "out of memory" messages w/XP while using
    photoshop and 512 meg ram. With the page file and 50 gig free on his C:
    I honestly didn't think one would get those type of messages. But, after
    adding another gig of ram it all cleared up. BTW, and this is an honest
    question, what is a "scratch drive" ?
    Plato, Nov 12, 2005
  6. BEM

    Trax Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    |>BTW, and this is an honest
    |>question, what is a "scratch drive" ?

    One provided as a cat toy. Or one that Photoshop uses when it has used
    up all the available memory. you can spread it across partitions or
    volumes. You can also specify how much of your resources PS uses
    before it starts using the scratch areas (drives).

    --
    I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
    There's a knob called "brightness", but it doesn't work.
    Trax, Nov 12, 2005