photo sharing service - allow sharing under different names?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by spoon2001, May 26, 2006.

  1. spoon2001

    spoon2001 Guest

    Is there a photo sharing service out there that allows you to share photo
    albums under different names - so that viewers looking at photo albums
    ("Dogs", "Cats") shared under one name could not see photo albums
    ("Religious", "Political") shared under a different name?

    At the same time, I would prefer not to have to set up two different
    "accounts" to manage the photos - I'd like to be able to manage all my
    shared photos from one account.

    Just for example, using a single Yahoo ID ("YahooID-1"), I can set up albums
    in Yahoo Photos associated with that ID - "Dogs", "Cats", "Religious",
    "Political". I can make each of these albums "Public" so that anybody can
    view an album without needing a Yahoo ID or without having to log in. But
    if I do this - anybody seeing the Public "Dogs" album can also see the
    public "Political" album, since they are both under the same Yahoo ID -
    "YahooID-1". I could set up a second Yahoo ID, and solve the problem that
    way, but that's a big hassle.

    I'm just wondering if there's a service out there that makes this easier.

    spoon2001, May 26, 2006

  2. spoon2001

    simon Guest

    simon, May 26, 2006

  3. spoon2001

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    "spoon2001" <> writes:

    > Is there a photo sharing service out there that allows you to share photo
    > albums under different names - so that viewers looking at photo albums
    > ("Dogs", "Cats") shared under one name could not see photo albums
    > ("Religious", "Political") shared under a different name?

    Yes. My ourdoings.com has the correct many-to-many relationship defined
    between accounts and sites (sites being somewhat analagous to albums).
    And people don't need to login to see private sites. You can create a
    site like

    http://ourdoings.com/unlisted/abc93rfx/

    Anybody who knows the URL can get in. That way your political allies
    don't need to share their email addresses with an untrusted third party
    (me) to see photos from your activities.

    If you happen to have a photo of your dog participating in a political
    event, the photo can be published on both your political site and your
    dog site without visitors to either site being able to find the other.

    Generally, though, ourdoings.com is for automatically organizing photos
    people.

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
    photos for your family or group.