    be very glad of suggestions as to which program is recommended.

    Please excuse me if the problem is not appropriate to this group.

    John G Evans.

    John G Evans, Feb 27, 2006

  2. "John G Evans" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Having transferred digital photos from camera to hard disk to CD,
    > for record purposes, I later discovered that it was not possible to
    > recover them from the CD.

    There may be several causes for that. It might be that the protocol
    was different from what the reading program can handle, or that the
    data itself was corrupted (assuming no reader failure). It might also
    help when you try a different CD/DVD reader.

    > Software is said to be available for recovering lost images and I
    > would be very glad of suggestions as to which program is
    > recommended.

    Try: <http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/>

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 28, 2006

  3. John G Evans

    Colin D Guest

    John G Evans wrote:

    > Having transferred digital photos from camera to hard disk to CD, for
    > record purposes, I later discovered that it was not possible to recover
    > them from the CD.
    >
    > Software is said to be available for recovering lost images and I would
    > be very glad of suggestions as to which program is recommended.
    >
    > Please excuse me if the problem is not appropriate to this group.
    >
    > John G Evans.

    Try CD-Diagnostic from Infinadyne:

    http://www.infinadyne.com/

    Has a cost, don't know how much. I bought it a while ago now.

    Colin D.

    Colin D, Feb 28, 2006