    printing in best mode, could this be faulty?

    I have looked at the Cannon i6500 (8534A021AA) but just need a good photo
    quality printer, any ideas?
    Mick., May 10, 2004

  2. Mick.

    JWooden271 Guest

    Mick. wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Computer is: AMD Atholon XP2400+
    > 2.01 GHz with 1GB Ram
    > XP Home
    > My three year old, HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer will not for some
    > reason print on
    > premium glossy paper as it has always done before. It prints a test page
    > ok, and will print on matt photo paper, but not glossy It comes out
    > looking like camouflage paint! There is an auto scan device to set the
    > paper type when printing in best mode, could this be faulty?
    >
    > I have looked at the Cannon i6500 (8534A021AA) but just need a good photo
    > quality printer, any ideas?

    That HP Photosmart printer of yours is fairly new, you should try HP for
    help before buying a new printer.

    See: http://snipurl.com/6ac7
    JWooden271, May 10, 2004

  3. Mick.

    Mick. Guest

    "JWooden271" <> wrote in message
    > Mick. wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Computer is: AMD Atholon XP2400+
    > > 2.01 GHz with 1GB Ram
    > > XP Home
    > > My three year old, HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer will not for some
    > > reason print on
    > > premium glossy paper as it has always done before. It prints a test page
    > > ok, and will print on matt photo paper, but not glossy It comes out
    > > looking like camouflage paint! There is an auto scan device to set the
    > > paper type when printing in best mode, could this be faulty?
    > >
    > > I have looked at the Cannon i6500 (8534A021AA) but just need a good

    photo
    > > quality printer, any ideas?

    > That HP Photosmart printer of yours is fairly new, you should try HP for
    > help before buying a new printer.
    >
    > See: http://snipurl.com/6ac7

    Hi,
    I have been through the online help and finding nothing on my problem, email
    them but
    do not hold out much hope.
    I need to be able to print course work for a collage course I am on, that's
    why I was wondering if there was a better printer?
    Mick.
    Mick., May 10, 2004
  4. Mick.

    Jerry G. Guest

    I have researched out many printers for clients. I found the HP Photosmart
    to the best for home use. They have some very high quality photo printers
    for a reasonable cost.

    As for your printer, are you sure you have all the set-ups, and properties
    set-up properly??? Are your cartridges good?

    These can be tricky to set up properly. I have also seen a defective
    cartridge cause your fault. Since the cartridges are expensive, take the
    printer to a dealer who can check this properly for you.

    One other thing to consider, is that the new printers are much improved.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com