    but that's just too much for me. Any opinions on a simpler editing program.
    Thanks
    John

    JohnV, Jul 31, 2003

  2. JohnV

    Steve Guest

    JohnV wrote:
    > I just bought a digital camera and am looking for a simple program
    > that I can use to touch up my images before printing them. I have
    > Paint Shop Pro but that's just too much for me. Any opinions on a
    > simpler editing program. Thanks
    > John

    John:

    I too use PSP, but before that, I used IrfanView for several years.

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    I still use IrfanView at home and at work.

    Steve

    Steve, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Best on for ease of use is Microsoft Picture it.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jul 31, 2003
  4. JohnV

    Steve King Guest

    "JohnV" <> wrote:

    >I just bought a digital camera and am looking for a simple program that I
    >can use to touch up my images before printing them. I have Paint Shop Pro
    >but that's just too much for me. Any opinions on a simpler editing program.
    >Thanks
    >John

    Try the Digital Photo Librarian Image Editor from
    http://www.oneilsoftware.com. The editor module itself is free, or you
    can buy the whole photo image library package. I've tried a dozen or so
    automatic photo image correction programs, and it does the best job of any
    I've played with.

    Steve . . .

    Steve King, Jul 31, 2003
  5. JohnV

    Don Stauffer Guest

    It can be nice to have a program that grows with you as your needs
    mature. You CAN do simple things with PSP, it is just that all the
    options can intimidate.

    Consider tackling it this way. First of all, PSP is both a photo editor
    and a paint program. Take the photo editor part first, forget about
    brushes, fills, effects, etc. that are really painting tools.

    Now, there are two types of photo editing, global editing and local
    editing (pixel oriented stuff). Start with global editing, adjusting
    contrast, brightness, and overall color correction. When you master
    those features, it is time to go for some local editing, like redeye
    correction or ridding image of powerlines, etc. Selection is important
    here - it is time to look at various selection modes PSP has. Also,
    learn to use clone tool at this time (it is the best tool for getting
    rid of cracks, powerlines, telephone poles growing out of people's
    heads, etc.).

    Finally, you can move to advanced editing tools such as curves,
    histograms, etc.

    Even if you never get into combining photo and paint tools, PSP still
    has a lot to offer just in its photo editing tools.

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Don Stauffer, Jul 31, 2003