    word, I go to resize . but it distorts the picture.
    All I want to do is change a pic to U.K passport size. please don't
    laugh, never bothered to try before

    howard, Jan 31, 2008

  2. howard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:11:29 +0000, howard <>
    wrote:

    >I have never had the need resizing pictures, but I am trying to make a
    >passport size picture for a dna test. for my grandson, If I open in
    >word, I go to resize . but it distorts the picture.
    >All I want to do is change a pic to U.K passport size. please don't
    >laugh, never bothered to try before

    www.irfanview.com

    using the proper tool helps.

    richard, Jan 31, 2008

  3. howard wrote:

    > I have never had the need resizing pictures, but I am trying to make a
    > passport size picture for a dna test. for my grandson, If I open in
    > word, I go to resize . but it distorts the picture. All I want to do
    > is change a pic to U.K passport size. please don't laugh, never
    > bothered to try before

    Use a proper image editing program. Word is a word processor.

    This one, IrfanView, is quite good, and free. Basic image work is quite
    easy.

    http://irfanview.com/

    Always work on a copy of your original photo file.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 31, 2008
  4. howard

    howard Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > howard wrote:
    >
    >> I have never had the need resizing pictures, but I am trying to make a
    >> passport size picture for a dna test. for my grandson, If I open in
    >> word, I go to resize . but it distorts the picture. All I want to do
    >> is change a pic to U.K passport size. please don't laugh, never
    >> bothered to try before

    > Use a proper image editing program. Word is a word processor.
    >
    > This one, IrfanView, is quite good, and free. Basic image work is quite
    > easy.
    >
    > http://irfanview.com/
    >
    > Always work on a copy of your original photo file.

    THANKS a MILLION

    howard, Jan 31, 2008