Photo Printing Service vs Home Computer Printing?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave Johnson, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Dave Johnson

    Dave Johnson Guest

    From your experience compare stability of photos printed by photo printing
    services vs printing on home computer using good HP Deskjet & HP Premium
    Glossy Photo paper.

    Should one coat the finished print with anything if done on the home PC?

    Daughter thinks I should ship the digital 800kb photos off. I can't
    convince her printing on home computer is just as good .. besides if they
    fade, just print them again.

    Dave
    Dave Johnson, Jul 5, 2004

  2. "Dave Johnson" <> wrote in message
    news:C14Gc.25940$XM6.21680@attbi_s53...
    > From your experience compare stability of photos printed by photo printing
    > services vs printing on home computer using good HP Deskjet & HP Premium
    > Glossy Photo paper.
    >
    > Should one coat the finished print with anything if done on the home PC?
    >
    > Daughter thinks I should ship the digital 800kb photos off. I can't
    > convince her printing on home computer is just as good .. besides if they
    > fade, just print them again.
    >
    > Dave

    The only reason to do it your daughter's way, rather than your own, is to
    keep peace in the house. Sounds like you have a hen-pecking daughter.

    Accelerated testing has shown that the combination of HP inks and HP paper
    gives prints that will last as long as prints made photographically. And
    not all photographic prints last a long time. I just scanned a print of my
    daughter's wedding 20 years ago, because it was starting to fade. I
    corrected the fading digitally and made anew print, which may last even
    longer than the first one.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 5, 2004