    6. Reject the image?
    7. Offer a choice from the above?

    Thanks!

    Pete, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Pete <> writes:

    > How do the photo printing machines that are cropping up everywhere handle
    > images with aspect ratios different from the print size requested?
    >
    > 1. Automatically crop the image so the aspect ratios match, discarding the
    > ends of the image?
    > 2. Let you interactively choose the cropping?
    > 3. Print the whole image with white bars along 2 sides (letterboxing)?
    > 4. Same as 3, AND cut the white bars off automatically?
    > 5. Distort the image so that it's aspect ratio matches the print dims?
    > 6. Reject the image?
    > 7. Offer a choice from the above?

    The ones I've seen use either #1 or #2, with #1 being the typical case.
    However, I have been behind some people who were laboriously choosing the crop
    of each of the 60+ pictures they were doing (and not being too familar with
    computerized interfaces either), and it can be frustrating if you just want to
    drop off some prints on th way to work.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Thanks guys, just what i needed to know (JWINTK?)

    Pete

    Pete, Sep 8, 2004