    good printing? Should I consider a different brand?
    --
    Alan
    ajb723, Jul 17, 2003

  2. ajb723

    Charlie Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:55:46 GMT, ajb723 <> wrote:

    >I'm considering purchasing a Canon i850 or S320 for use with my Mac but
    >though they both come with MAc drivers, the included software is not Mac
    >compatible. Does this make a difference. i.e. is the software necessary for
    >good printing? Should I consider a different brand?

    I have the i850, using it with a PC but am not using any of the
    included software.
    --
    Charlie Hoffpauir
    If you really want to reply via email, my valid
    Charlie, Jul 17, 2003

  3. ajb723 <> writes:

    > I'm considering purchasing a Canon i850 or S320 for use with my Mac but
    > though they both come with MAc drivers, the included software is not Mac
    > compatible. Does this make a difference. i.e. is the software necessary for
    > good printing? Should I consider a different brand?

    Hi, uh, ajb,

    I have a Lexmark and an Epson currently, and have had Canon, NECs, and I
    can't remember what all brands that I use to print with my Macs. As long as
    you have drivers, you can print. You use your photo editing program to
    print the images.

    Have fun.

    Phil Stripling, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Randall Ainsworth <> writes:

    > Canon makes great printers but as a company they're not real good about
    > OS X support.

    Hi, Randall,

    Has this been a problem for ou? I've never used "included" software for
    anything except the drivers. I don't even know what they included for PC.
    Phil Stripling, Jul 18, 2003
  5. ajb723 <> wrote:

    > I'm considering purchasing a Canon i850 or S320 for use with my Mac but
    > though they both come with MAc drivers, the included software is not Mac
    > compatible. Does this make a difference. i.e. is the software necessary for
    > good printing? Should I consider a different brand?

    I was able to download the needed software for my s520 from the canon
    site.

    Works like dream under OS/X

    --
    Joan McGalliard, UK http://www.mcgalliard.org
    Joan McGalliard, Jul 24, 2003
  6. In article <1fyk0ns.1pvty8y1tv0tcgN%jem*NO-SPAM*@netspace.net.au>, Joan
    McGalliard <jem*NO-SPAM*@netspace.net.au> wrote:

    > I was able to download the needed software for my s520 from the canon
    > site.
    >
    > Works like dream under OS/X

    In general, the drivers are an absolute necessity, but you should
    always check the web site for updated versions.

    The bundled software (in my experience) is almost always useless, and
    certainly not a necessity. I've seen "lite" versions, and even
    time-limited demos included. And the Mac offerings (if any) are even
    more pathetic.

    Choose your printer based on it's qualities AS USED WITH THE DRIVERS
    FOR YOUR OS and buy whatever sofdtware works for you.

    Hint: I do almost everything with the shareware GraphicConverter for OS
    X.
    Scott Schuckert, Jul 24, 2003