    huge. This problem arises regardless of whether or not I am adding text to a
    cropped, or a whole image. Has anyone else had this problem?
    John
    John Lee, Mar 14, 2005

  2. John Lee

    Julian Tan Guest

    Could it be the size of the image?

    If you are working with a 1600x1200 image and also a 400x300 image for
    example, the font would be proportinally bigger on the 400x300. When
    you print the photo - because the software will scale the photo larger
    to fit the page, the text will also become larger.

    Regards,
    Jules
    http://www.shuttertalk.com
    Julian Tan, Mar 14, 2005

  3. John Lee <> wrote:
    : I have experienced a problem with PhotoPlus 9 (also with earlier
    : versions). When I add a text layer to an image at say 14 point,
    : sometimes the image is a good readable size, but at other times it is
    : absolutely tiny. The same with whatever point size - for example using
    : 28 point gives on one image a good size for a footnote text, but with
    : another image the print size is huge. This problem arises regardless of
    : whether or not I am adding text to a cropped, or a whole image. Has
    : anyone else had this problem?

    The problem is that Text point size is set in relation to the pixels per
    inch. So if you are working with a photo that has a resolution of 72
    (which is frequent) the text will be tiny when looking at the entire photo
    on your screen. And when the photo is printed it will be scaled down from
    its 20" x 30" (or whatever it comes out to) to fit on the 8.5 x 11" page.
    And the text will be scaled down also. If you have changed the resolution
    or the "size" of the original to 300 ppi and then place the text, a letter
    that would have only been 72 dots high on the original will now be 300
    dots high. Also the photo will now be closer to the 8x10 size so that
    scaling of the image to fit on the page will be less or even unneeded.
    Thus the 300 dot high text would stay large on the page.

    Also you mentioned the problem in relation to cropped and uncropped
    images. A 40" wide photo that is scaled to a 10" wide page will reduce the
    image by 75%. But a photo that has been cropped to 20 inches before
    scaling to fit on the page will only have to be reduced by 50% and thus
    the first photo would have a 1" tall letter print as 1/4" tall while the
    second photo with the same text size would have a print size of 1/2". It's
    all relationships.

    My suggestion is to do all the resizing, cropping, and resolution changes
    required to get the image on the page before you add text. This way the
    text will remain the same size on the page as you see on the screen.

    Randy

    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL
    Randy Berbaum, Mar 17, 2005