    offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please
    ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting,
    complain to me and I will demonstrate.
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 16, 2006

  2. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    > Which brand of Photo Paper do most here like, and where do
    > fine it to be the cheapest to buy.

    If you're looking for cheap, you can pick up 100-packs of either Kodak or
    Kirkland brand at Costco pretty inexpensively. The Kodak brand always
    smells like fish once I've printed on it, but YMMV. It doesn't give the
    best prints, but if I just need to churn out a bunch of cheap prints, I'll
    settle for it. As for which I *like* the most, if I had to pick just one
    paper, it would be Ilford Classic Pearl, and B&H has fairly decent prices on
    it. Prices locally (for me, anyway) are about double what B&H charges.

    steve
    Steve Wolfe, Jan 16, 2006

  3. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Skip M Guest

    "Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Which brand of Photo Paper do most here like, and where do
    > fine it to be the cheapest to buy.
    >
    > I am talking about 8 1/2" x 11".

    Ilford Gallerie Classic Pearl, or Smooth Pearl, depending on whether I'm
    using dye inks (Classic) or pigmented inks (Smooth). B&H has it, as does
    Calumet, where I buy it, and inkjetart.com.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Jan 17, 2006
  4. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Guest

    I use the Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet from Costco for prints to
    be displayed at my middle school--I have heard it is made by Ilford,
    but I have heard many other expert opinions on the Internet, also! ; -
    )

    Paul B.
    www.scienceteacher.biz
    , Jan 17, 2006
  5. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > I use the Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet from Costco for prints
    > to be displayed at my middle school--I have heard it is made by
    > Ilford, but I have heard many other expert opinions on the Internet,
    > also! ; - )
    >
    > Paul B.
    > www.scienceteacher.biz

    For general purpose stuff, the Kirkland paper is actually very nice.
    Since it has unknown origins, and no known longevity characteristics, I have
    a hard time trusting it with anything important. For whipping out a few
    snapshots for friends, though, it is a real bargain with good results.

    If anyone has information with certainty of origin/type, and even better, a
    profile set for it, I'd love to see it.

    -Mark
    Mark², Jan 17, 2006
  6. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:03:46 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I use the Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet from Costco for prints
    >> to be displayed at my middle school--I have heard it is made by
    >> Ilford, but I have heard many other expert opinions on the Internet,
    >> also! ; - )
    >>
    >> Paul B.
    >> www.scienceteacher.biz

    >For general purpose stuff, the Kirkland paper is actually very nice.
    >Since it has unknown origins, and no known longevity characteristics, I have
    >a hard time trusting it with anything important. For whipping out a few
    >snapshots for friends, though, it is a real bargain with good results.
    >
    >If anyone has information with certainty of origin/type, and even better, a
    >profile set for it, I'd love to see it.

    The problem with private label products is that the product is
    supplied on contract to the store, and on expiration of the contract
    the supplier - but not the label - may change.

    --

    Tony Cooper
    Orlando, FL
    Tony Cooper, Jan 17, 2006
  7. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Mark² Guest

    Tony Cooper wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:03:46 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    > number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> I use the Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet from Costco for prints
    >>> to be displayed at my middle school--I have heard it is made by
    >>> Ilford, but I have heard many other expert opinions on the Internet,
    >>> also! ; - )
    >>>
    >>> Paul B.
    >>> www.scienceteacher.biz

    >> For general purpose stuff, the Kirkland paper is actually very nice.
    >> Since it has unknown origins, and no known longevity
    >> characteristics, I have a hard time trusting it with anything
    >> important. For whipping out a few snapshots for friends, though, it
    >> is a real bargain with good results.
    >>
    >> If anyone has information with certainty of origin/type, and even
    >> better, a profile set for it, I'd love to see it.
    >>

    > The problem with private label products is that the product is
    > supplied on contract to the store, and on expiration of the contract
    > the supplier - but not the label - may change.

    -Which is another reason I limit its use to casual, non-critical stuff.
    Mark², Jan 17, 2006
  8. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:46:47 -0700 the fame writer, Steve Wolfe wrote
    not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    > As for which I *like* the most, if I had to pick just one
    >paper, it would be Ilford Classic Pearl, and B&H has fairly decent prices on
    >it. Prices locally (for me, anyway) are about double what B&H charges.

    Thanks for the info, will check it out locally, and on the Net
    for best price.
    --
    DISCLAIMER
    If you find a posting or message from myself
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 17, 2006
  9. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:46:47 -0700 the fame writer, Steve Wolfe wrote
    not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    >B&H

    Sorry who are they? Got a URL for it?
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 17, 2006
  10. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:03:46 -0800 the fame writer, "Mark²"
    <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote not much to be
    useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    >the Kirkland paper is actually very nice.

    Will give this one a go too, since there is a Costco 65 miles
    from me, which is close, considering where I live, I will check them
    out on it. Thanks.
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 17, 2006
  11. On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:22:15 GMT the fame writer, Tony Cooper wrote
    not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    >The problem with private label products is that the product is
    >supplied on contract to the store, and on expiration of the contract
    >the supplier - but not the label - may change.

    True, but one also runs the risk a company might change how
    they do something for no reason what so ever, mess up a good product,
    just look at Coke Cola a few years ago.
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 17, 2006
  12. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Mark² Guest

    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:46:47 -0700 the fame writer, Steve Wolfe wrote
    > not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",
    >
    >> B&H

    > Sorry who are they? Got a URL for it?

    Just in case you're serious...

    www.bhphotoviceo.com

    They are the biggest and best (IMHO) photo store you'll find.
    Huge brick and mortar store, and 100% reliable service.
    Mark², Jan 17, 2006
  13. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:04:08 -0800 the fame writer, Skip M wrote not
    much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    >Classic Pearl

    Seems to be a favorite here, I will check it out, and see if I
    like the end product.
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 17, 2006
  14. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:22:17 -0800, Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:46:47 -0700 the fame writer, Steve Wolfe wrote
    >not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",
    >
    >>B&H

    > Sorry who are they? Got a URL for it?

    The most rudimentary search on "B&H" on Google will have it, first
    entry.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Jan 17, 2006
  15. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:22:15 GMT, Tony Cooper
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:03:46 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    >number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> I use the Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet from Costco for prints
    >>> to be displayed at my middle school--I have heard it is made by
    >>> Ilford, but I have heard many other expert opinions on the Internet,
    >>> also! ; - )
    >>>
    >>> Paul B.
    >>> www.scienceteacher.biz

    >>For general purpose stuff, the Kirkland paper is actually very nice.
    >>Since it has unknown origins, and no known longevity characteristics, I have
    >>a hard time trusting it with anything important. For whipping out a few
    >>snapshots for friends, though, it is a real bargain with good results.
    >>
    >>If anyone has information with certainty of origin/type, and even better, a
    >>profile set for it, I'd love to see it.
    >>

    >The problem with private label products is that the product is
    >supplied on contract to the store, and on expiration of the contract
    >the supplier - but not the label - may change.

    Yes, but it's been my experience that the properties remain very much
    the same.
    Or, buy a case! :)

    Bill Funk, Jan 17, 2006
  16. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    >> As for which I *like* the most, if I had to pick just one
    >>paper, it would be Ilford Classic Pearl, and B&H has fairly decent prices
    >>on
    >>it. Prices locally (for me, anyway) are about double what B&H charges.

    > Thanks for the info, will check it out locally, and on the Net
    > for best price.

    Don't forget to jump on Ilford's web site and download a profile for that
    paper and your model of printer.

    steve
    Steve Wolfe, Jan 17, 2006
  17. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:56:06 -0700 the fame writer, Steve Wolfe wrote
    not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    > Don't forget to jump on Ilford's web site and download a profile for that
    >paper and your model of printer.

    I have bookmark there page, thanks again.
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 17, 2006
  18. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:27:07 -0800 the fame writer, "Mark²"
    <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote not much to be
    useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    >Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon wrote:
    >> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:46:47 -0700 the fame writer, Steve Wolfe wrote
    >> not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",
    >>
    >>> B&H

    >> Sorry who are they? Got a URL for it?

    >Just in case you're serious...

    I was.

    >www.bhphotoviceo.com
    >
    >They are the biggest and best (IMHO) photo store you'll find.
    >Huge brick and mortar store, and 100% reliable service.

    I get sent to:
    http://lb1.youbettersearch.com/index/Site=d3d3LmJocGhvdG92aWNlby5jb20=
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 17, 2006
  19. On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:38:21 -0700 the fame writer, Bill Funk wrote
    not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    >The most rudimentary search on "B&H" on Google will have it, first
    >entry.
    >http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

    Thanks, I have bookmark it. They seem to everything.
    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon, Jan 17, 2006
  20. Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon

    Mark² Guest

    Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:27:07 -0800 the fame writer, "Mark²"
    > <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote not much to be
    > useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",
    >
    >> Old Salt card carrying Curmudgeon wrote:
    >>> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:46:47 -0700 the fame writer, Steve Wolfe
    >>> wrote not much to be useful on, "Re: Photo Paper Q",

    >>> Sorry who are they? Got a URL for it?

    >> Just in case you're serious...

    > I was.
    >

    >> www.bhphotoviceo.com
    >>
    >> They are the biggest and best (IMHO) photo store you'll find.
    >> Huge brick and mortar store, and 100% reliable service.
    >>

    > I get sent to:
    > http://lb1.youbettersearch.com/index/Site=d3d3LmJocGhvdG92aWNlby5jb20=

    Oops.
    That should have been: