    DJS

    www.null-hypothesis.co.uk
    , Jul 1, 2005

  2. Canongirly Guest

    **** off you freeloading arsehole

    Canongirly, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Mark² Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > How would you like to get your photos on the back cover of a new
    > national magazine? We are looking for close-up pictures of eyes for the
    > back of the new mag "Null Hypothesis - the Journal of Unlikely
    > science".
    >
    > Pics must be 4 megapixels or above, pin-sharp and include a close up of
    > an animals eye and/or face.
    >
    > If you're interested in getting involved, and all published get free
    > copies of the magazine, please send comments and pics to
    >

    > Thanks for your time.
    >
    > DJS

    Ooooo-boy!!
    A F-R-E-E two dollar magazine!!!
    WOW!!!!!

    Now go away.
    Mark², Jul 2, 2005
  4. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:59:26 -0700, dav01 wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > How would you like to get your photos on the back cover of a new
    > national magazine? We are looking for close-up pictures of eyes for the
    > back of the new mag "Null Hypothesis - the Journal of Unlikely
    > science".
    >
    > Pics must be 4 megapixels or above, pin-sharp and include a close up of
    > an animals eye and/or face.
    >
    > If you're interested in getting involved, and all published get free
    > copies of the magazine, please send comments and pics to
    >

    > Thanks for your time.
    >
    > DJS
    >
    > www.null-hypothesis.co.uk

    Please publish your rates so that we can see if it is worthwhile.
    --
    neil
    delete delete to reply
    Neil Ellwood, Jul 2, 2005
  5. If You;re not interested, thats fine, we have had several up and coming
    photographers use their photos on our back cover as good publicity for them,
    and they've used that in their portfolios. Those people who are not money
    grabbing realise that in this case, its a good case of mutual back scratching
    - luckily, there are loads of people who want to contribute, leaving the
    saddos who money-grab out in the cold.
    Thanks for your interest,

    \dh via PhotoKB.com\, Jul 7, 2005
  6. ""dh via PhotoKB.com"" <> wrote in message
    > If You;re not interested, thats fine, we have had several up and coming
    > photographers use their photos on our back cover as good publicity for

    them,
    > and they've used that in their portfolios. Those people who are not money
    > grabbing realise that in this case, its a good case of mutual back

    scratching
    > - luckily, there are loads of people who want to contribute, leaving the
    > saddos who money-grab out in the cold.
    > Thanks for your interest,

    ----------

    I have no "interest" in giving my work away - so just **** off you parasitic
    leach!

    Journalist
    Journalist-North, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Guest

    jeez, you guys are really touchy aren't you!!!!
    Luckily, ther are people far less anal than you, who have submitted
    pictures in the last few days. Good luck getting work if ur so
    retentive!
    , Jul 8, 2005
  8. Bill Funk Guest

    On 8 Jul 2005 02:05:54 -0700, wrote:

    >jeez, you guys are really touchy aren't you!!!!
    >Luckily, ther are people far less anal than you, who have submitted
    >pictures in the last few days. Good luck getting work if ur so
    >retentive!

    Wake up! Hello, anyone home??

    You are looking for a different photographer. Not a "Pro", but someone
    who wants the opportunity to showcase his work. Don't even pretend
    that you want the pro who has no need to give away his work, becasue
    you're not going to get his pics.
    Concentrate on your target, and forget the rest. Don't try to convince
    them your mag is an opportunity, because they won't see it that way.
    Keep your eye on the ball.
    Of course, you need to know what the ball is.

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Jul 8, 2005
  9. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:22:10 -0700, Bill Funk wrote:

    > On 8 Jul 2005 02:05:54 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>jeez, you guys are really touchy aren't you!!!!
    >>Luckily, ther are people far less anal than you, who have submitted
    >>pictures in the last few days. Good luck getting work if ur so
    >>retentive!

    > Wake up! Hello, anyone home??
    >
    > You are looking for a different photographer. Not a "Pro", but someone
    > who wants the opportunity to showcase his work. Don't even pretend
    > that you want the pro who has no need to give away his work, becasue
    > you're not going to get his pics.
    > Concentrate on your target, and forget the rest. Don't try to convince
    > them your mag is an opportunity, because they won't see it that way.
    > Keep your eye on the ball.
    > Of course, you need to know what the ball is.

    The 'ball' is the easy money he can make by battening on people who are so
    proud to have their work published that the fees that should have been
    paid go into his pocket.
    This is a con method that has been used for at least 50 years.

    --
    neil
    delete delete to reply
    Neil Ellwood, Jul 8, 2005
  10. Bill Funk Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 20:11:27 +0000 (UTC), Neil Ellwood
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:22:10 -0700, Bill Funk wrote:
    >
    >> On 8 Jul 2005 02:05:54 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >>>jeez, you guys are really touchy aren't you!!!!
    >>>Luckily, ther are people far less anal than you, who have submitted
    >>>pictures in the last few days. Good luck getting work if ur so
    >>>retentive!

    >> Wake up! Hello, anyone home??
    >>
    >> You are looking for a different photographer. Not a "Pro", but someone
    >> who wants the opportunity to showcase his work. Don't even pretend
    >> that you want the pro who has no need to give away his work, becasue
    >> you're not going to get his pics.
    >> Concentrate on your target, and forget the rest. Don't try to convince
    >> them your mag is an opportunity, because they won't see it that way.
    >> Keep your eye on the ball.
    >> Of course, you need to know what the ball is.

    >The 'ball' is the easy money he can make by battening on people who are so
    >proud to have their work published that the fees that should have been
    >paid go into his pocket.
    >This is a con method that has been used for at least 50 years.

    Maybe so, but he evidently doesn't know it.
    Con games are all around us. It's up to us, individually, to be alert
    enough to not be taken in by them.
    *I* wouldn't even think about offering my pics to this guy, for
    several reasons.

    Bill Funk, Jul 8, 2005
  11. Guest

    ok, clearly this seems like a national security thing now! lol
    Not a con, just a chance for people to get pictures published - i am
    sure you know how hard it is to break into that area. If you "wouldn't
    even think" about offering pics, then dont, i probably dont want them
    anyway. Luckily, ive had lots of interest so far from those that "would
    think" about it!
    Hope this will be the end of the matter!
    , Jul 11, 2005
  12. Charlie Self Guest

    \ wrote:
    > If You;re not interested, thats fine, we have had several up and coming
    > photographers use their photos on our back cover as good publicity for them,
    > and they've used that in their portfolios. Those people who are not money
    > grabbing realise that in this case, its a good case of mutual back scratching
    > - luckily, there are loads of people who want to contribute, leaving the
    > saddos who money-grab out in the cold.
    > Thanks for your interest,
    >

    > Neil Ellwood wrote:
    > >On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:59:26 -0700, dav01 wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hello,
    > >>

    > >[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
    > >>
    > >> www.null-hypothesis.co.uk

    > >Please publish your rates so that we can see if it is worthwhile.

    Pure bullshit. As a freelance writer and photographer for nearly 40
    years, I've had these grubby types up past the gills. Everyone is a
    money grabber who expects them to pay for what the get. Exposure is not
    a reason for giving away work, at least not in a new and untried
    magazine or other publication.

    Does the printer work for zip?

    'saddos who money-grab" are better off than assholes who want a free
    rid eon other people's work.
    Charlie Self, Jul 11, 2005
  13. Guest

    haha well, the printer, writers, photographers and proof-readers ALL
    work for free!!! thats how things have to work sometimes, maybe in your
    40 years you'd have known that? so perhaps get facts right before
    trying that one.
    , Jul 11, 2005
  14. Mark² Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > haha well, the printer, writers, photographers and proof-readers ALL
    > work for free!!! thats how things have to work sometimes, maybe in your
    > 40 years you'd have known that? so perhaps get facts right before
    > trying that one.

    Is any income in any direct or indirect way derived from the publication of
    which you speak by any person, party, company or groups?
    What are the expenses of the publication?
    How are these expenses paid?
    What generates the funds for expenses paid?
    What, if anything, is planned for the future of this publication?
    Is there any advertising that is in any contained in, or related to, the
    publication?
    Is there any future hope or plan for using advertising related to the
    publication?

    Thanks.
    Mark², Jul 11, 2005
  15. Guest

    i think the company info is not an issue here! money is generated form
    sales, which go back to the basic running costs and producing qualtiy
    covers, some ad space is sold too.
    we get contributions of photos and articles from the public, which is
    very successful.
    , Jul 11, 2005
  16. Mark² Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >i think the company info is not an issue here!

    Perhaps it's not an issue to you.
    We weren't discussing your feelings on the matter.

    >money is generated form
    > sales, which go back to the basic running costs and producing qualtiy
    > covers, some ad space is sold too.
    > we get contributions of photos and articles from the public, which is
    > very successful.

    Then why are you hunting for more here?
    Mark², Jul 11, 2005
  17. Guest

    >Perhaps it's not an issue to you.
    >We weren't discussing your feelings on the matter.

    i'm telling you what i want to tell you, not what you want to know.

    >Then why are you hunting for more here?

    do you think most businesses sit back? i think most are pro-active in
    trying to get better and better content, hence the request.
    , Jul 11, 2005