    to have them open with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

    How do I change the default.

    Thanks.

    harris, Oct 21, 2004

  2. harris

    °Mike° Guest

    Right click on the file type in Windows Explorer
    and choose 'Open with... / Choose Program'.
    Highlight Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and
    check 'Always use the selected program....'

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:44:16 -0500, in
    <>
    harris scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2004

  3. harris

    Old Gringo Guest

    harris wrote:
    > O/S XP Home
    >
    > Presently My Pictures open with and editing program (photoshop). I prefer
    > to have them open with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >
    > How do I change the default.
    >
    > Thanks.

    CTRL+Shift right click image, open with, then make your selection?
    Only sure of Win98se.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Oct 21, 2004
  4. harris

    harris Guest

    "harris" <> wrote in message
    > O/S XP Home
    >
    > Presently My Pictures open with and editing program (photoshop). I prefer
    > to have them open with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
    >
    > How do I change the default.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It's done. Thanks for the help.

    harris, Oct 21, 2004
  5. harris

    Pennywise Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:00:41 GMT, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    |>> How do I change the default.
    |>>

    |>CTRL+Shift right click image, open with, then make your selection?
    |>Only sure of Win98se.

    Shift, right click, open with. All versions of Win.

    No big deal, but you sure put a lot of work into a simple task :)

    Pennywise, Oct 22, 2004
  6. harris

    Old Gringo Guest

    Pennywise wrote:

    > |>CTRL+Shift right click image, open with, then make your selection?
    > |>Only sure of Win98se.
    >
    > Shift, right click, open with. All versions of Win.
    >
    > No big deal, but you sure put a lot of work into a simple task :)

    Thanks for letting me know that. I thought I had to use the CTRL
    also. I tried the other way on the other post and couldn't get it to
    work. Thought I would have to wait untill I got WinXP. Tks again. :)

    Old Gringo, Oct 22, 2004
  7. harris

    Lone Ranger Guest

    --