  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Sep 16, 2006

  3. Barry L. Wallis, Sep 17, 2006
  4. Annika1980 wrote:

    > I can't decide ..... so I'll let you pick it.
    > Here are today's submissions:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/66958541

    I almost forgot to add that the blown highlights of the white feathers
    underneath his beak have absolutely no negative impact on the outstanding
    quality of this picture. I'm sure you'll get some purists that will try to
    slam you for this nonissue. Great shot!

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Sep 17, 2006
  5. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Matt Ion, Sep 17, 2006
  6. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Sep 17, 2006
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

    > There's no question about it, I like #1"Great Horned Owl" the best. The eye
    > centered between the link and the reflection on it really makes this shot
    > stand out. My second choice is #6 "Bobcat"

    Thanks. I kinda liked the owl shot as well since I think it has the
    most visual impact.
    There's not much you can do when you're shooting a one-eyed owl that is
    right behind a fenced-in cage. If the animal is a great distance from
    the cage you can sometimes minimize the distractions by getting close
    to the cage and using a shallow DOF like I did in the bobcat shot.

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/66959211
    I also liked this polo shot. After shooting polo for the past two
    weekends this is one of the few pics that didn't have a distracting
    background or other distracting elements (horses) in the pic. Well,
    actually it did have part of another horse, but I cropped that out.
    Annika1980, Sep 17, 2006
  8. Annika1980

    g n p Guest

    The owl blew me away.