Photo of Monastery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, May 9, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, May 9, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    GMAN Guest

    GMAN, May 9, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-05-09 09:54:40 -0700, (GMAN) said:
    >
    >> In article <>, "mmyvusenet"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>>

    >> Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
    >> catholic church?

    >Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
    >trying to give Miguel the same message.
    >He just won't take the hint.

    There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
    flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
    subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
    group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.

    I'd be interested in seeing some street shots of the people in Lima,
    but Miguel isn't interested in taking them. I respect that my
    interests are not his interests.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, May 9, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck
    ><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2010-05-09 09:54:40 -0700, (GMAN) said:

    >>> Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
    >>> catholic church?

    >>Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
    >>trying to give Miguel the same message.
    >>He just won't take the hint.

    >There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
    >flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
    >subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
    >group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.

    Miguel's problem is that he is so brainwashed by his church that he can see no
    other subject or topic of which to photograph in his mind.

    GMAN, May 9, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    GMAN Guest

    In article <2010050912263511137-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >On 2010-05-09 12:00:58 -0700, tony cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
    >>> trying to give Miguel the same message.
    >>> He just won't take the hint.

    >> There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
    >> flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
    >> subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
    >> group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.

    >Ageed. However it would be nice if he could just polish things up a bit
    >to make the shots move beyond the rut he is stuck in. I have no
    >objection to shots of churches and cathedrals. They can, and do make
    >striking subjects of photographs.
    >The same can be said of his captive bird and reptile shots.
    >Miguel has just not found the formula to give us those improved shots,
    >and as a result his efforts, as a student of photography are not
    >progressing at any appreciable rate.
    >

    >> I'd be interested in seeing some street shots of the people in Lima,
    >> but Miguel isn't interested in taking them. I respect that my
    >> interests are not his interests.

    >Once more, I agree. The time has come for him to find other subject
    >material, and street shots are a good place to find them. Street
    >vendors, other locals, tourists, lovers on a park bench they are all
    >there, or should be in a place like Lima. If not Lima he should be able
    >to take day trips outside the city into villages where the photo
    >opportunities must be endless.

    Agreed, I for one would love to see shots of the street venders and
    surrounding villages etc. Give us shots of things that many of us who couldnt
    possibly travel down there to see.
    GMAN, May 9, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 09/05/2010 07:17, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

    Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
    symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in
    portrait from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the
    building. And learn to use image processing software to straighten
    vertical lines in such photographs.

    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

    Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
    correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might
    be a good candidate for HDR.

    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

    Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
    too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
    removed.

    General comments:

    1) learn to use image processing software for basic fixes
    2) put a larger size on Flickr, discussing postage-stamp sized pictures
    is tiresome

    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, May 9, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:38:55 GMT,
    (GMAN) wrote:

    >In article <>, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >>On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:31:37 -0700, Savageduck
    >><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>>Judging by the "no camera" sign in the third shot, somebody else is
    >>>trying to give Miguel the same message.
    >>>He just won't take the hint.

    >>There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
    >>flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
    >>subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
    >>group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.
    >>

    >Miguel's problem is that he is so brainwashed by his church that he can see no
    >other subject or topic of which to photograph in his mind.

    Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
    interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?

    Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
    because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
    churches is "brainwashed"?

    tony cooper, May 9, 2010
  8. mmyvusenet

    Paul Furman Guest

    Ofnuts wrote:
    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

    > Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
    > symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in
    > portrait from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the
    > building. And learn to use image processing software to straighten
    > vertical lines in such photographs.

    This one is fine, the perspective doesn't bother me and at least it's
    not a static centered composition.

    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

    > Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
    > correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might
    > be a good candidate for HDR.

    Way too dark and badly needs straightening, then it's fine:
    http://edgehill.net/1/temp//Clipboard01.jpg

    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

    > Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
    > too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
    > removed.
    >
    > General comments:
    >
    > 1) learn to use image processing software for basic fixes

    Agreed!

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, May 9, 2010
  9. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Paul Furman" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:hs7a9g$r69$-september.org...
    > Ofnuts wrote:
    >> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

    >> Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
    >> symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in
    >> portrait from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the
    >> building. And learn to use image processing software to straighten
    >> vertical lines in such photographs.

    > This one is fine, the perspective doesn't bother me and at least it's not
    > a static centered composition.
    >

    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

    >> Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
    >> correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might
    >> be a good candidate for HDR.

    > Way too dark and badly needs straightening, then it's fine:
    > http://edgehill.net/1/temp//Clipboard01.jpg
    >

    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

    >> Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
    >> too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
    >> removed.
    >>
    >> General comments:
    >>
    >> 1) learn to use image processing software for basic fixes

    > Agreed!

    Thank you very much for your comments, I did a change in this photo, maybe
    now there is some lighting improvements:

    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, May 10, 2010
  10. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Ofnuts" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:4be71ccd$0$4635$...
    > On 09/05/2010 07:17, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

    > Top of tower is cut off, as well as the base of the fountain. The false
    > symmetry displeases me. I would have either taken the frontage in portrait
    > from the axis, or moved to the right to get more of the building. And
    > learn to use image processing software to straighten vertical lines in
    > such photographs.
    >
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

    > Too dark... the statue in the middle is too small to be the only thing
    > correctly exposed in the picture (or crop the picture around it). Might be
    > a good candidate for HDR.
    >
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

    > Leaning on the left (and once this corrected, perspective must be fixed
    > too as above). Not much to see. And the hideous sign on wall should be
    > removed.

    Hello, thanks for your interesting comments, I did a change in this photo:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

    This is one of the best I could take of this part, and for the future, I'm
    thinking of taking this photo with a Tripode.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, May 10, 2010
  11. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2010 18:10:05 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    <> wrote:
    >Thank you very much for your comments, I did a change in this photo, maybe
    >now there is some lighting improvements:
    >
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

    What is the subject of this photo?

    To put the same question a different way, what is the photo of?
    Bruce, May 10, 2010
  12. mmyvusenet

    Chris H Guest

    In message <jNBFn.98028$1.easynews.com>, GMAN
    <> writes
    >In article <>, "mmyvusenet"
    ><> wrote:
    >>Hello:
    >>
    >>I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
    >>
    >>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>

    >Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
    >catholic church?

    I agree... I think most of us do except Tony who is an apologist for the
    Catholic church.

    However I think the real problem is not that they are all snaps of
    Catholic Churches it is just they at they are not very good or
    inspiring.

    Chris H, May 10, 2010
  13. mmyvusenet

    John Turco Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    > On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:38:55 GMT,
    > (GMAN) wrote:

    <edited for brevity>

    > >>There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
    > >>flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
    > >>subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
    > >>group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.
    > >>

    > >Miguel's problem is that he is so brainwashed by his church that he

    > can see no other subject or topic of which to photograph in his mind.
    > >

    > Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
    > interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
    >
    > Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
    > because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
    > churches is "brainwashed"?

    <edited>

    Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
    <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
    arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
    them appear open-minded.

    Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
    true question of God's existence.

    The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
    the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
    be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
    of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
    at you.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, May 31, 2010
  14. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    > tony cooper wrote:

    >> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
    >> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
    >>
    >> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
    >> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
    >> churches is "brainwashed"?

    > <edited>
    >
    > Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
    > <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
    > arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
    > them appear open-minded.

    I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.

    However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the same
    type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by others.
    I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
    understood why some may call him brainashed.

    > Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
    > true question of God's existence.

    The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

    What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as a
    means to line pockets and control others.

    > The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
    > the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
    > be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
    > of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
    > at you.

    He is not worth responding to.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, May 31, 2010
  15. mmyvusenet

    John Turco Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    > > tony cooper wrote:

    > >> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
    > >> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
    > >>
    > >> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
    > >> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
    > >> churches is "brainwashed"?

    > > <edited>
    > >
    > > Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
    > > <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
    > > arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
    > > them appear open-minded.
    > >

    > I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
    >
    > However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the same
    > type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by others.
    > I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
    > understood why some may call him brainashed.

    Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
    real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
    to be insulted.

    > > Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
    > > true question of God's existence.
    > >

    > The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

    Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.

    > What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
    > a means to line pockets and control others.

    The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
    science and technology.

    > > The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
    > > the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
    > > be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
    > > of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
    > > at you.
    > >

    > He is not worth responding to.

    Most anybody is "worth responding to" -- the use of "kill files" is
    simply a way of hiding one's head in the sand, as it were.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 30, 2010
  16. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >>
    >> "John Turco" <> wrote in message

    >> > <edited>
    >> >
    >> > Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
    >> > <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
    >> > arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
    >> > them appear open-minded.
    >> >

    >> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
    >>
    >> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the
    >> same
    >> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by
    >> others.
    >> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
    >> understood why some may call him brainashed.

    > Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
    > real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
    > to be insulted.

    I try very hard not to insult people. I refuse to lecture to others on that
    issue. My main interest here is photography. Yes I will occassionally
    divert.
    For me photography is a hobby. I freely share what information I have and
    only ask that it be considered, then rejected, followed, or modified. When I
    see well intentined advice given by others similarly ignored, I will stop. I
    refuse to bang my head against the wall.

    >> > Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
    >> > true question of God's existence.
    >> >

    >> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

    > Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.

    Absolutely true and they shold not be advanced as fact, either.

    >> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
    >> a means to line pockets and control others.

    > The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
    > science and technology.

    So, how does that affect my comment?

    >> > The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
    >> > the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
    >> > be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
    >> > of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
    >> > at you.
    >> >

    >> He is not worth responding to.

    > Most anybody is "worth responding to" -- the use of "kill files" is
    > simply a way of hiding one's head in the sand, as it were.

    I am not a charitable as you. You certainly are free to feel differently,
    but I don't respond to every post here. Unlike some sad people here, I do
    have a very real life. I ration my time as I see fit. Nobody here has the
    right to tell me how to spend my time. (Assuming my wife does not
    participate in this group.)

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 30, 2010
  17. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    > On 6/29/10 10:10 PM, in article , "John
    > Turco" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Peter wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "John Turco" <> wrote in message

    >>> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
    >>>
    >>> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the
    >>> same
    >>> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by
    >>> others.
    >>> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
    >>> understood why some may call him brainashed.

    >> Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
    >> real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
    >> to be insulted.

    >>> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

    >> Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.
    >>
    >>> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
    >>> a means to line pockets and control others.

    >> The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
    >> science and technology.
    >>

    > Not to mention the inventor of internet's "Global Warming" followers.
    >
    > Truth is, Al's 'warming' was only in his pants while in a hotel in
    > Portland.

    Sad thing is you deny the results of scientific studies and research. If it
    affected only you, I really wouldn't care. Try looking at the research of
    responsible oceanographers, it might open your eyes. Unless you say if Al
    Gore agreed with it, it must be false.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 30, 2010
  18. mmyvusenet

    > On 6/30/10 1:44 PM, in article
    > 4c2b909e$0$5546$-secrets.com, "Peter"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    >>> Not to mention the inventor of internet's "Global Warming" followers.
    >>>
    >>> Truth is, Al's 'warming' was only in his pants while in a hotel in
    >>> Portland.
    >>>

    >> Sad thing is you deny the results of scientific studies and research.

    > Sad thing is that you deny results of scientific studies and research
    > yourself, my man.
    >
    >> If it affected only you, I really wouldn't care.

    > Screw you, too.
    >
    >> Try looking at the research of responsible oceanographers, it might open
    >> your
    >> eyes.

    > I have. Most of the GobleyGook is from Scripps-related folks who are
    > looking
    > for GuvMint $$$. A simple Google search produces many counter to this
    > lemming collection...
    >
    > <http://american_almanac.tripod.com/globwarm.htm>
    >
    >> Unless you say if Al Gore agreed with it, it must be false.

    > Al Gore is a false.

    bye

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jul 1, 2010
  19. mmyvusenet

    John Turco Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > "John Turco" <> wrote in message

    <edited for brevity>

    > > Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
    > > real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
    > > to be insulted.

    > I try very hard not to insult people. I refuse to lecture to others on that
    > issue. My main interest here is photography. Yes I will occassionally
    > divert.
    > For me photography is a hobby. I freely share what information I have and
    > only ask that it be considered, then rejected, followed, or modified. When I
    > see well intentined advice given by others similarly ignored, I will stop. I
    > refuse to bang my head against the wall.

    I'm strictly a photo hobbyist, too.

    Kodak-bashers sometimes post utter nonsense, which I feel must be refuted;
    otherwise, I tend to stay out of controversies.

    > >> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

    > > Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.

    > Absolutely true and they shold not be advanced as fact, either.
    >
    > >> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
    > >> a means to line pockets and control others.

    > > The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
    > > science and technology.

    > So, how does that affect my comment?

    One should remain open-minded, to all types of hypotheses -- even those
    regarding a "supreme being." This idea has nothing to do with religion,
    just as "flying saucers" are unrelated to the issue of extraterrestrial
    intelligence.

    Popular misconceptions abound!

    > >> He is not worth responding to.

    > > Most anybody is "worth responding to" -- the use of "kill files" is
    > > simply a way of hiding one's head in the sand, as it were.

    > I am not a charitable as you. You certainly are free to feel differently,
    > but I don't respond to every post here. Unlike some sad people here, I do
    > have a very real life. I ration my time as I see fit. Nobody here has the
    > right to tell me how to spend my time. (Assuming my wife does not
    > participate in this group.)

    Well, I always read >every< message, here in R.P.D <news:rec.photo.digital>,
    and I also reply to some. Even the various trolls, and all those seemingly
    endless and ridiculously off-topic discussions, provide entertainment value
    (such as it is).

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jul 20, 2010
  20. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >>

    > Kodak-bashers sometimes post utter nonsense, which I feel must be refuted;
    > otherwise, I tend to stay out of controversies.

    (Fill in the blank - bashers usually end up posting complete nonsense)

    On a long ago visit to Kodak, in Rochester, they had signs saying
    "photography prohibited." It always looked strange to me, although the
    reason is understandable.

    > One should remain open-minded, to all types of hypotheses -- even those
    > regarding a "supreme being." This idea has nothing to do with religion,
    > just as "flying saucers" are unrelated to the issue of extraterrestrial
    > intelligence.
    >
    > Popular misconceptions abound!

    The Flat Earth Society members don't think that their organiation is founded
    on a misconception.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jul 20, 2010