Photo of Festivity

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jul 18, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jul 18, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Vance Guest

    On Jul 17, 9:18 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > In these days are having different festivities in Lima, and I took advantage
    > to take some photos of one of them at night:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803774386/
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803783060/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    Your composition has improved a lot. The religious theme gets a
    little tedious, but I am enjoying seeing the improvement in your
    photography.

    Vance

    Vance, Jul 18, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    J. Clarke Guest

    On 7/18/2010 12:18 AM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > In these days are having different festivities in Lima, and I took advantage
    > to take some photos of one of them at night:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803774386/
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803783060/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    Don't just show one or two shots of a "festivity", take enough to tell
    the story so people can get some idea of what the "festivity" is about
    and how it proceeds.

    J. Clarke, Jul 18, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    krishnananda Guest

    In article <>,
    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > In these days are having different festivities in Lima, and I took advantage
    > to take some photos of one of them at night:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803774386/
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803783060/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >
    > --
    > MMYV
    > http://www.mmyv.com

    I think the second one gives a better view -- it gives context and size
    reference. The close-up is interesting but without context it could be
    doll-sized.

    krishnananda, Jul 18, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Vance" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On Jul 17, 9:18 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> In these days are having different festivities in Lima, and I took
    >> advantage
    >> to take some photos of one of them at night:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803774386/
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803783060/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    > Your composition has improved a lot. The religious theme gets a
    > little tedious, but I am enjoying seeing the improvement in your
    > photography.
    >
    > Vance

    Hello, thanks for your comment, It was an interesting and enjoyable
    opportunity to practice at night and on the street.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Jul 20, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "J. Clarke" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On 7/18/2010 12:18 AM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> In these days are having different festivities in Lima, and I took
    >> advantage
    >> to take some photos of one of them at night:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803774386/
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803783060/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > Don't just show one or two shots of a "festivity", take enough to tell the
    > story so people can get some idea of what the "festivity" is about and how
    > it proceeds.

    Interesting suggestions, I think that approximately forty days will be
    another similar event, I try to do something similar.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Jul 20, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "krishnananda" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:-september.org...
    > In article <>,
    > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> In these days are having different festivities in Lima, and I took
    >> advantage
    >> to take some photos of one of them at night:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803774386/
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4803783060/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYV
    >> http://www.mmyv.com

    > I think the second one gives a better view -- it gives context and size
    > reference. The close-up is interesting but without context it could be
    > doll-sized.

    Hi, thanks for your comment, I will try to improve that composition in an
    upcoming event that should come soon.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com