Photo of Bush's mystery bulge between shoulder blades

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Archibald, Oct 11, 2004.

  1. Archibald

    Archibald Guest

    Archibald, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Archibald

    Bill Crocker Guest

    Bill Crocker, Oct 11, 2004

  3. But....its such a tiny little bulge...could it be a tiny little Uzi? Does
    that give credence to the firearm=penis contention?

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 11, 2004
  4. Archibald

    Tetractys Guest

    Gene Palmiter wrote:

    > But....its such a tiny little bulge...could it
    > be a tiny little Uzi? Does that give credence
    > to the firearm=penis contention?

    If he can sling his schwanz up between his
    shoulder blades, I'd even vote for him,
    and I'm a Chicago Democrat.

    (I'll draw the line at voting for him twice
    or after I'm dead. I do have some principles,
    even if he is hung like a Tennessee Walker.)

    Tetractys, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Archibald

    Rob Davison Guest

    Rob Davison, Oct 12, 2004
  6. "Rob Davison" <> wrote in message
    > Archibald wrote:
    > > For a digital photo of the mystery bulge, see
    > >
    > > http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/08/bulge/index_np.html

    > Heinlein. The Puppet Masters.
    >
    > ...which, come to think of it, would explain quite a lot...
    >

    > Rob.

    Don't even suggest it! We don't want to see that bunch running around naked!

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 12, 2004
  7. Oops...not photo related.....We don't want to see "digital photos" of that
    bunch naked!

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 12, 2004
  8. Antonio L. Balsamo Sr., Oct 12, 2004
  9. Archibald

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Oct 12, 2004
  10. In article <>, Antonio L. Balsamo Sr.
    <> wrote:

    > It's probably some strapping on his bullet-proof vest.

    It's his spine. The liberals aren't used to people who have them.

    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 12, 2004
  11. Archibald

    Böwsér Guest

    If it was a receiver, combined with an earpiece, it didn't work. He was
    absolutely horrible. No grasp of the facts, totally unable to think on his
    feet, and unable to construct a single sentence, much less a paragraph.
    Total moron.

    Böwsér, Oct 12, 2004
  12. Archibald

    TRR Guest

    Easy explanation.....the bulge is where the batteries go, the door was
    loose, and Ol' W's reception was intermittant. Poor guy...no wonder he
    had problems.

    TRR, Oct 12, 2004
  13. Archibald

    WMAS 1960 Guest

    I saw that photo on Sunday and couldn't believe the controversy over it.
    After looking at the photo I looked at others, that day, wearing sport coats or
    suit jackets. Virtually all of them had some sort of bulge between their
    shoulder blades or in the middle of their back. Grant it some didn't look as
    large and pronounced as this one but remember with studio lighting as harsh as
    it is, mounted from the ceiling and designed not only to provide proper shadows
    but highlights in order to provide some depth to an image, small things like a
    wrinkle in a coat CAN appear more pronounced.

    I happen to know some of this from experience with Video and Television
    Production. What amazes me is that there are people in Television who think
    there is something to this. Especially news anchors and reporters. They
    should be some of the first ones to know that this is crap.

    Ask any news anchor or reporter why they pull the back of their jacket down and
    sit on the tail of it when sitting at the set. You will likely find your
    answer to this mystery.

    WMAS 1960, Oct 12, 2004
  14. Archibald

    Archibald Guest

    On 12 Oct 2004 15:32:16 GMT, (WMAS 1960) wrote:

    >I saw that photo on Sunday and couldn't believe the controversy over it.
    >After looking at the photo I looked at others, that day, wearing sport coats or
    >suit jackets. Virtually all of them had some sort of bulge between their
    >shoulder blades or in the middle of their back. Grant it some didn't look as
    >large and pronounced as this one but remember with studio lighting as harsh as
    >it is, mounted from the ceiling and designed not only to provide proper shadows
    >but highlights in order to provide some depth to an image, small things like a
    >wrinkle in a coat CAN appear more pronounced.
    >
    >I happen to know some of this from experience with Video and Television
    >Production. What amazes me is that there are people in Television who think
    >there is something to this. Especially news anchors and reporters. They
    >should be some of the first ones to know that this is crap.

    On the contrary, the folks in the media apparently knew that George
    had been wiring up routinely for years. So for them, it was no news.

    http://www.nbc4.com/news/3799123/detail.html (audible prompting)
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeper/cst-nws-roep12.html (D-day)

    Archibald, Oct 12, 2004
  15. Archibald

    Böwsér Guest

    "Randall Ainsworth" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Antonio L. Balsamo Sr.
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> It's probably some strapping on his bullet-proof vest.

    > It's his spine. The liberals aren't used to people who have them.

    Actually, we're used to people with real spines, not the phony type Dumbya
    is sporting.

    Böwsér, Oct 12, 2004
  16. Archibald

    WMAS 1960 Guest

    Regarding the sources you posted,

    First, I don't see a wire going to his ear DURING THE DEBATE, as they suggest.
    If there is than that would be different and more conclusive than making
    something out of a bulge or wrinkle in the fabric of his jacket.

    Second, the article doesn't say that they KNOW of other incidents of him being
    wired. At least from the NBC4 article that you posted. They say that A
    WEBSITE devoted to this issue (could that be the conspiricy theory site?)
    SUGGESTS that he has been wired in the past. Do the bloggers know that he
    wired himself during DEBATES? or do they say he was wired during SPEECHES and
    INTERVIEWS. They are not reporting independantly known fact but just quotes or
    assertions of sorts from another source.

    Then, several people have written in saying that they have heard prompting.
    Who are these people writing in. What is their credibility... Are they
    reliable media people who are in the know? or scanner enthusiasts who might be
    listening on their Bearcats.... Conspiricy Theorists Or, maybe political
    operatives trying to feed a story. One thing in that section of the article
    that I can't believe, If Bush and his people have been covertly engaged in
    such activities than why would it be part of a "NEWS FEED" These would be
    private conversations outside of the debate or production and NOT part of the
    "NEWS FEED". Otherwise, everyone would know this for fact and there would be
    no denial and question.

    Technologically what is being suggested is no different than the little
    earpiece that news anchors and guests have during interviews. In TV studios
    these are often hard wired through an intercom system. It can be done wireless
    though and usually is in the field during remote segments. I often listen to
    them on scanners from femote truck feeds to and from the control rooms during
    the evening or 10:00 news. With these earpieces producers and directors feed
    information to reporters and guests regarding upcoming questions, cues....
    Producers will sometimes prompt anchors and reporters with facts to expand
    interviews or add information or to give them cues to going live, to upcoming
    breaks or to direct them to engage another guest... or cut to another camera or
    piece of recorded tape etc. It could be possible that a candidate, while
    being INTERVIEWED would do the same things with show producers or maybe their
    advisors. But, are people alleging that they heard this prompting DURING
    DEBATES? or has the propting occoured during speeches and interviews. It
    could make a difference. One is a legitimate cue, similar maybe to a
    teleprompter or note cards. The other of course would be cheating if the other
    participant(s) don't have the same resources.

    As for Ropers article in the Sun Times, I think if you read it again you will
    see that it touches on part of what I was saying.

    First, he starts, not by reporting facts but quoting the comments of one person
    who wrote on the subject, In a blog(?). Second the allegation of "NEWS FEED"
    was a SPEECH at a D-Day Observance. Not alleged to be during a debate. Like
    I said, it sounds like someone might have been feeding him a speech or speech
    notes. That would be different than feeding answers to questions in a DEBATE.

    In my background is a degree in Communications that included a lot of public
    speaking. There are many ways that one might organize their thoughts for a
    SPEECH. You never want to go in front of people without your thoughts
    organized. Especially if you are the President of The United States and you
    know that your every word will be dissected and manipulated..... You might
    commit your speech to memory, which would be dangerous for someone like a
    president giving an important address or speech. You could also make up note
    cards of your main points if all you want to do is keep in an organized
    direction or to make sure you don't forget a point you want to make. A
    combination of the first two methods migth help so you can commit your speech
    to memory and use note cards to cue you to segments of the speech. Sometimes
    it is easier to remember a long speech by segmenting it into smaller portions.
    You use note cards to prompt you on those segments in a proper order. Or,
    you will actually TRANSCRIBE your speech, letter for letter, word for word.
    That is what a president would do. Then you have a record of EXACTLY what you
    said. You will have the speech in front of you on written pages and page
    through them as you read them. Or, to help with eye contact you would have the
    speech projected on a teleprompter (those tinted glass panels in front of the
    podium) so you can look at the audience and have your speech in front of you.
    Then, in some speaking environement, where a teleprompter might not be
    practical, say do to lighting washing out those little pieces of glass or the
    TV screens, or wind blowing and interfering with a written transcript or maybe
    you just don't want to be fumbling with your papers during a speech, it might
    be legitimate to have someone reading your speech to you through an earpeace.
    If that is the issue, I would think it would take some practice and pretty good
    coordination to be able to speak words that have just been read to you. It
    could be that it is easier if done more as notes or points... rather than a
    verbatim reading of the speech.

    WMAS 1960, Oct 12, 2004
  17. Archibald

    Ken Tough Guest

    Randall Ainsworth <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Antonio L. Balsamo Sr.
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> It's probably some strapping on his bullet-proof vest.

    >It's his spine. The liberals aren't used to people who have them.

    Not suprising Kerry managed to get his back up. Bush certainly
    got the hump.

    --
    Ken Tough

    Ken Tough, Oct 12, 2004
  18. Archibald

    Mike Engles Guest

    Randall Ainsworth wrote:

    > In article <>, Antonio L. Balsamo Sr.
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > It's probably some strapping on his bullet-proof vest.

    > It's his spine. The liberals aren't used to people who have them.

    Hello

    More like the spine of someone with a deformity.
    Spines are usually done the back, not a lump at the top and slightly to
    one side. Anyway it won't make any difference, he will still ne elected.

    Mike Engles

    Mike Engles, Oct 12, 2004
  19. Archibald

    Guest

    Archibald <> writes:

    > On the contrary, the folks in the media apparently knew that George
    > had been wiring up routinely for years. So for them, it was no news.

    And he was well wired while in the ANG as well.

    > http://www.nbc4.com/news/3799123/detail.html (audible prompting)
    > http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeper/cst-nws-roep12.html (D-day)

    --
    Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
    +61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.

    , Oct 12, 2004
  20. Archibald

    Steve W. Guest

    "Archibald" <> wrote in message
    > For a digital photo of the mystery bulge, see
    >
    > http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/08/bulge/index_np.html
    >
    > That salon.com isn't exactly main-stream media, but if you want
    > confirmation, go to
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5cwuj

    Yep, And anyone who has ever wore Second Chance body armor should
    recognize that bulge, It is the rear web splice
    over the shoulder blade panels.

    --
    Steve

    Steve W., Oct 15, 2004