    and watch for hours!

    Steven Read

    , Feb 9, 2005

  2. paul Guest

    wrote:

    > I have just completed a fun website that displays, at random, digital
    > pictures from all over the world.
    >
    > http://www.stevenread.com/photonoise/
    >
    > These pictures are found randomly in real-time, there is no saving or
    > previous selection of photos - you never know what will come next! This
    > program was built for fun, this is not a business or anything, there
    > are no advertisements, and there is no cost.
    >
    > It is incredibly simple and easy to use, so stop on by whenever you are
    > in the mood to view just a couple pictures, or put it on 'automatic'
    > and watch for hours!
    >
    > Steven Read

    That is a very cool concept.

    Er... would it destroy the artistic intent to provide links to the
    images? <grin>

    paul, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Karen Guest

    Hi Steven.

    This is such a neat site! And addictive... it's fascinating to see what
    slice of life appears next.

    Thank you,

    Karen, Feb 9, 2005
  4. On 8 Feb 2005 17:19:09 -0800, wrote:

    >I have just completed a fun website that displays, at random, digital
    >pictures from all over the world.
    >
    >http://www.stevenread.com/photonoise/
    >
    >These pictures are found randomly in real-time, there is no saving or
    >previous selection of photos - you never know what will come next! This
    >program was built for fun, this is not a business or anything, there
    >are no advertisements, and there is no cost.
    >
    >It is incredibly simple and easy to use, so stop on by whenever you are
    >in the mood to view just a couple pictures, or put it on 'automatic'
    >and watch for hours!
    >
    >Steven Read

    Can you tell us a little bit about it? Where do all these images come
    from?

    Doug

    The Naked Whiz, Feb 9, 2005
  5. Guest

    The images are found from google.com web searches. This is being done
    automatically every minute by a web server program. These images are
    found by my program when people don't change the default image file
    names! (DSC00001.JPG for instance). The program randomly makes these
    names and then displays what google finds.

    Thanks for checking it out. If you liked it, tell your friends!

    Steven Read

    , Feb 9, 2005
  6. On 8 Feb 2005 17:19:09 -0800, wrote:

    >I have just completed a fun website that displays, at random, digital
    >pictures from all over the world.
    >
    >http://www.stevenread.com/photonoise/

    Very interesting site...It's fairly addicting

    I must say I am amazed at the amount of photos people take of lectures
    and presentations.

    "I'm the luckiest man in the world. I have a cigarette
    lighter and a wife...and they both work!"

    Cadillac_Jones, Feb 9, 2005