    Is there a discussion group for photo journalists?

    Thanks.

    jc

    JC Dill, Sep 8, 2003

  2. JC Dill

    Frank ess Guest

    "JC Dill" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a discussion group for photo journalists?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > jc

    Oddly enough: alt.journalism.photo .

    Frank ess, Sep 8, 2003

  3. JC Dill

    Ihor Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message news:<TB57b.33275$>...
    > "JC Dill" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there a discussion group for photo journalists?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > jc
    > >

    > Oddly enough: alt.journalism.photo .

    There are 39 different discussion groups for photojournalism in the
    Yahoo discussion Groups.

    Ihor

    Ihor, Sep 9, 2003
  4. JC Dill

    JC Dill Guest

    On 9 Sep 2003 07:39:06 -0700, (Ihor) wrote:

    >"Frank ess" <> wrote in message news:<TB57b.33275$>...
    >> "JC Dill" <> wrote in message
    >> > Is there a discussion group for photo journalists?

    >> Oddly enough: alt.journalism.photo .

    >There are 39 different discussion groups for photojournalism in the
    >Yahoo discussion Groups.

    Thanks. The newsgroup mentioned above isn't very active, very few
    posts have any followups.

    Are there any groups at Y!G that you recommend in particular? 39
    different discussion groups on one topic sounds like a lot! Why so
    many?

    jc (off to visit Y!G and try to learn more about these groups)

    JC Dill, Sep 9, 2003
  5. JC Dill

    Ihor Guest

    > >There are 39 different discussion groups for photojournalism in the
    > >Yahoo discussion Groups.

    > Thanks. The newsgroup mentioned above isn't very active, very few
    > posts have any followups.
    >
    > Are there any groups at Y!G that you recommend in particular? 39
    > different discussion groups on one topic sounds like a lot! Why so
    > many?
    >
    > jc (off to visit Y!G and try to learn more about these groups)

    The groups are divided into photojournalism subtopics such as:
    Teaching photojournalism, Nikon users photojournalists, TV
    photojournalism, specific college clubs, etc.
    Also some are open to the public and some are for members only or
    private.
    The groups have a range from 5 participants to almost 800
    participants.
    There is a description of each group.
    The best bet is to look at the descriptions and size of each group and
    decide on your own. You can join a few to evaluate and leave if you're
    not interested.

    Good Luck,
    Ihor

    Ihor, Sep 10, 2003
  6. JC Dill

    JC Dill Guest

    On 10 Sep 2003 07:23:50 -0700, (Ihor) wrote:

    >The groups are divided into photojournalism subtopics such as:

    It wasn't the "divided into" part that had me concerned, it was the
    "find them" part. I was amazed to discover that Yahoo actually has a
    useful topic category for photojournalism:

    Entertainment & Arts > Fine Arts > Visual Arts > Photography >
    Photojournalism

    I had no idea! My experience with finding various horse groups on
    Yahoo was that it was a real PITA because they clump horse groups into
    very clumsy categories. I had anticipated trying to find groups that
    discussed photojournalism that didn't have that term (in that exact
    format) in the title or description, among hundreds of photographic
    groups or something like that. Sorry for not going and looking first
    before asking.

    jc

    JC Dill, Sep 10, 2003