    I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
    They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40

    Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?
    The Vintage Monk, Dec 13, 2007

  2. In rec.photo.digital The Vintage Monk <> wrote:
    > My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.

    > I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
    > They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40

    > Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

    What kind of entertainment do you find Flickr lacks?

    --
    Chris Malcolm DoD #205
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]
    Chris Malcolm, Dec 13, 2007

  3. The Vintage Monk

    MaryL Guest

    "The Vintage Monk" <> wrote in message
    > My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.
    >
    > I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
    > They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40
    >
    > Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

    I use PictureTrail. There is a free introductory period of about 30 days
    (possibly longer -- I'm not sure about that). I think the "basic" is about
    $20.00 a year, and there is an upgrade for about $30.00 a year.

    MaryL
    MaryL, Dec 13, 2007
  4. In rec.photo.equipment.35mm The Vintage Monk <> wrote:
    > My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.
    >
    > I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
    > They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40
    >
    > Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

    If you don't care about the social networking features they offer, why
    not just host your own?

    - Solomon
    --
    Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
    Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
    Stuffed Crust, Dec 13, 2007
  5. The Vintage Monk

    Draco Guest

    On Dec 13, 2:56 am, The Vintage Monk <>
    wrote:
    > My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.
    >
    > I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
    > They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40
    >
    > Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

    If I remember correctly, both have a free trail period. Both have good
    hosting capabilities. Smugmug is a family run business and their
    customer service, I'm told by others who are using them, is far better
    than others they had tried.

    Best I can offer is for you to contact the two and ask questions or
    go to their web sites and determine which will be a better fit for you
    and your photography.

    I have talked with the folks at Smugmug and have always been treated
    very well. Even when I keep asking questions that are answered on
    their web site.

    Good luck.

    Draco
    Draco, Dec 13, 2007
  6. The Vintage Monk

    Douglas Guest

    "k" <> wrote in message

    > "Stuffed Crust" <> wrote in message
    > | In rec.photo.equipment.35mm The Vintage Monk
    > <> wrote:
    > | > My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with
    > Flickr.
    > | >
    > | > I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
    > | > They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40
    > | >
    > | > Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out
    > there?
    > |
    > | If you don't care about the social networking features they offer, why
    > | not just host your own?
    >

    > good idea, and link to the FLIKR images that are already hosted there

    He's unlikely to do that "K".

    He is not known on flickr, and his address "the.monks.com" is a fraud. What
    he's looking for is anonmous hosting so he can keep his identity concealed
    but still have somewhere to display photos to those he doesn't hid from.

    Douglas
    Douglas, Dec 14, 2007
  7. The Vintage Monk

    k Guest

    k, Dec 14, 2007
  8. "Douglas" <> wrote in message

    > "k" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Stuffed Crust" <> wrote in message
    >> Flickr.

    >> there?
    >> |
    >> | If you don't care about the social networking features they offer, why
    >> | not just host your own?
    >>

    >> good idea, and link to the FLIKR images that are already hosted there

    > He's unlikely to do that "K".
    >
    > He is not known on flickr, and his address "the.monks.com" is a fraud.
    > What he's looking for is anonmous hosting so he can keep his identity
    > concealed but still have somewhere to display photos to those he doesn't
    > hid from.
    >
    > Douglas

    his email add is only as fraudulent as yours Douggie, or maybe you can tell
    me where the.groups is??

    --
    God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?
    Atheist Chaplain, Dec 14, 2007
  9. The Vintage Monk

    Annika1980 Guest

    wrote:
    > My account with Flickr is up in January and have become bored with Flickr.
    >
    > I was told either Smugmug or Pbase are the ones to go for.
    > They both seem to have accounts for around $30-40
    >
    > Which of these two would you recommend or is there a better one out there?

    PBase. I pay $23 a year. I prefer the look and feel of it.
    Flickr looks like a cheapo Geocities or GoDaddy site by comparison.
    Annika1980, Dec 14, 2007
  10. Atheist Chaplain wrote:
    > "Douglas" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "k" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Stuffed Crust" <> wrote in message
    >>> Flickr.

    >>> there?

    >>> good idea, and link to the FLIKR images that are already hosted there

    >> He's unlikely to do that "K".
    >>
    >> He is not known on flickr, and his address "the.monks.com" is a fraud.
    >> What he's looking for is anonmous hosting so he can keep his identity
    >> concealed but still have somewhere to display photos to those he
    >> doesn't hid from.
    >>
    >> Douglas
    >>

    > his email add is only as fraudulent as yours Douggie, or maybe you can
    > tell me where the.groups is??

    Is he still around? Didn't he say 3 weeks ago the boat would be off the
    slips and he was off to the Reef to study some fish and 'not give the
    cretins in here a second thought'?

    It is surprising the lies you miss out on when you have him killfiled.

    I am not on Flickr? HEY? Oh that's right we are talking about Dogless,
    I forgot what he is imagines in his brain is classed as FACT.
    AND the.monks.com is a fraud. I am glad I stressed him out enough to
    look it up.
    Must be good to be so quiet in the busiest wedding period of the year.

    I love the but about me keeping my identity anonymous, that is why I go
    to the Flickr Australian Photographers meet ups with a bag on my head so
    they don't know who I am.

    Back to the cellar with the kiddies Dogless, oh shit that was another
    lie from Dogless, unless the boat has a cellar with kiddies in it.
    The Vintage Monk, Dec 14, 2007
  11. The Vintage Monk

    Greegor Guest

  12. "The Vintage Monk" <> wrote in message
    > Atheist Chaplain wrote:
    >> "Douglas" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "k" <> wrote in message

    >>> He's unlikely to do that "K".
    >>>
    >>> He is not known on flickr, and his address "the.monks.com" is a fraud.
    >>> What he's looking for is anonmous hosting so he can keep his identity
    >>> concealed but still have somewhere to display photos to those he doesn't
    >>> hid from.
    >>>
    >>> Douglas
    >>>

    >> his email add is only as fraudulent as yours Douggie, or maybe you can
    >> tell me where the.groups is??
    >>

    > Is he still around? Didn't he say 3 weeks ago the boat would be off the
    > slips and he was off to the Reef to study some fish and 'not give the
    > cretins in here a second thought'?
    >
    > It is surprising the lies you miss out on when you have him killfiled.
    >
    > I am not on Flickr? HEY? Oh that's right we are talking about Dogless, I
    > forgot what he is imagines in his brain is classed as FACT.
    > AND the.monks.com is a fraud. I am glad I stressed him out enough to look
    > it up.
    > Must be good to be so quiet in the busiest wedding period of the year.
    >
    > I love the but about me keeping my identity anonymous, that is why I go to
    > the Flickr Australian Photographers meet ups with a bag on my head so they
    > don't know who I am.
    >
    > Back to the cellar with the kiddies Dogless, oh shit that was another lie
    > from Dogless, unless the boat has a cellar with kiddies in it.

    Actually another thing I find funny is that Douggie picks on you for hiding
    behind an anonymous news server, yet he is doing the same thing with
    motzarella.org
    one rule for Douggie and another for the rest of us it seems :)

    Don Hirschberg
    Atheist Chaplain, Dec 17, 2007