    provide some organized list of user reviews ...

    Rock on,
    Big Chet

    Chet McKnight, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Chet McKnight

    Guest

    Hi Chet...

    This is an unabashed plug, but I ran into the same problem...finding a
    place on the web to show my photos to friends and family that I was
    happy with. Then I started using a program called Gallery. It is
    wonderful. Since I have been using it for about 3 years now, many
    people have wanted me to show them how to do it also, but for a person
    who just wants to put up a few pictures once in a while, it is a bit
    complicated and cumbersome to get a dedicated server running and all of
    the other things that go along with that. So I just recently decided
    to start a small .com to do just that...to get people's pictures on the
    web for a very reasonable price. Once your pictures are on the site,
    all of your friends and family can see them and they never have to
    register for anything, or give any information, and will not have to
    deal with any advertising (banner ads, pop-ups, etc.). If you are
    interested, please check out my website at www.see-my-pictures.com
    It is brand new, so unfortunately, even if an "epinions-style" rating
    of photo hosting sites existed (which it might! :) my site would not be
    listed on it...On the site, there is a link to a sample photo album
    that will give you a feel for what your album will look like should you
    choose to use my service.
    Good luck with everything!

    Jim

    www.see-my-pictures.com

    , Jan 26, 2005

  3. Chet McKnight

    Tippi Guest

    Tippi, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Chet McKnight

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    Chet McKnight <> writes:

    > Does a site exist that has done comparisons on the various photo
    > hosting companies? I've read some old threads about pbase, 1and1,
    > smugmug, etc. and wished there was some sort of "epinions" kind of
    > site that would provide some organized list of user reviews ...
    >
    > Rock on,
    > Big Chet

    You're probably best off describing in this newsgroup what you're
    looking for in a photo hosting site. People can share their experiences
    based on what's important to you.

    There's a comparison site, but it doesn't have organized user reviews,
    and I'm not sure how up-to-date it's kept. The maintainer thanked me
    for the pointer to my own site on Dec 1, but I still can't find my site
    through his search feature:

    http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/photo/albums.html

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Let your digital photos organize themselves.