    Ulrich
    --
    Photos: http://fotos.cconin.de
    Ulrich Witte, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Ulrich Witte

    BillH Guest

    Ulrich,

    Great photos! Your eye for composition makes me want to visit Germany!

    Personal favorites are in Friedhof Ohlsdorf. The monument of the winged lady
    is excellent. The Schott headstone - lighting, colors, and composition are
    great. My personal taste would run to a little more focus - but it is still
    a photo that stirs emotion.

    What is up witht he skull and cross bones? Not something I'd want on my
    headstone!?

    BillH, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Ulrich Witte

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Ulrich Witte wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to show some photos about Hamburg (Germany) and some others.
    > The site is in german, but I think, that doesn't matter, because
    > photos are language-independant ;-)
    > So, take a look at http://fotos.cconin.de

    You're certainly correct.. Language doesn't matter.. Great shots, I enjoyed
    them.
    Jim Townsend, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Ulrich Witte

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Ulrich Witte wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to show some photos about Hamburg (Germany) and some others.
    > The site is in german, but I think, that doesn't matter, because
    > photos are language-independant ;-)
    > So, take a look at http://fotos.cconin.de
    >
    > Best regards
    > Ulrich
    > --
    > Photos: http://fotos.cconin.de

    Great stuff, specially the steam engines!
    --
    Paul. (This machine will, will not communicate)
    Not what it seems...
    Paul Heslop, Jul 16, 2003
  5. Ulrich Witte

    Peter Jones Guest

    I used the Translate feature of http://www.altavista.com to read it.
    Very nice photos, I like the closeups and plants best!

    Peter

    On 15 Jul 2003 21:03:03 GMT, "Ulrich Witte" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I want to show some photos about Hamburg (Germany) and some others.
    >The site is in german, but I think, that doesn't matter, because
    >photos are language-independant ;-)
    >So, take a look at http://fotos.cconin.de
    >
    >Best regards
    >Ulrich

    Digital Photography Reference
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/PJDigPhot.htm
    Touchup, an image viewing applet (also shows EXIF)
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/software.htm
    Health, happiness and healing
    http://www.SuperNaturalWoman.com
    Peter Jones, Jul 16, 2003
  6. On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:28:47 -0400, "BillH" <>
    wrote:

    >Ulrich,
    >
    >Great photos! Your eye for composition makes me want to visit Germany!
    >
    >Personal favorites are in Friedhof Ohlsdorf. The monument of the winged lady
    >is excellent. The Schott headstone - lighting, colors, and composition are
    >great. My personal taste would run to a little more focus - but it is still
    >a photo that stirs emotion.

    Perhaps a little adaptive un-sharp mask pre and post size reduction
    would help.

    I tend to slightly over sharpen my webified photos, on a lot of
    "typical web users" PC's the monitors are never very good, so a photo
    that is way oversharp on my laptop (slight halo'ing) look slightly
    more "fuzzy" and the halo's disapear on most peoples setups.

    Also a lot of non-pros have the brightness turned well up (I know from
    experience in IT) so blacks are often grey :-/

    Also the type of re-sampling also has an impact on the quality,
    photoshop has 3 different types, I test all prior to choosing one,
    then add just a little more sharpening.

    Obviously a lot of people confident enough to critisise usualy have
    good setups, sometimes even profiled, those people will notice the
    over sharpness on my site.

    To the original poster, I like the photos, very nice.
    --
    Jonathan Wilson.
    www.somethingerotic.com
    Jonathan Wilson, Jul 16, 2003
  7. Ulrich Witte

    Lionel Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:28:47 -0400, in
    <1058304936.243487@sj-nntpcache-3>, "BillH" <>
    said:

    >Ulrich,
    >
    >Great photos! Your eye for composition makes me want to visit Germany!
    >
    >Personal favorites are in Friedhof Ohlsdorf. The monument of the winged lady
    >is excellent.

    It's gorgeous, isn't it? I must visit my local cemetary & see if we have
    anything that can compare.

    >What is up witht he skull and cross bones? Not something I'd want on my
    >headstone!?

    Maybe the deceased was a Heavy Metal fan? ;)

    Lionel, Jul 16, 2003
  8. Ulrich Witte

    Ulrich Witte Guest

    Jim Townsend am 15 Jul 2003:

    >> The site is in german, but I think, that doesn't matter, because
    >> photos are language-independant ;-)
    >> So, take a look at http://fotos.cconin.de

    > You're certainly correct.. Language doesn't matter.. Great shots, I enjoyed
    > them.

    Thank you. Maybe i'll make an english version of my site :)

    Ulrich
    --
    http://fotos.cconin.de
    Ulrich Witte, Jul 16, 2003
  9. Ulrich Witte

    Ulrich Witte Guest

    BillH am 15 Jul 2003:

    > Great photos! Your eye for composition makes me want to visit Germany!

    Thanks.

    > Personal favorites are in Friedhof Ohlsdorf. The monument of the winged lady
    > is excellent. The Schott headstone - lighting, colors, and composition are
    > great. My personal taste would run to a little more focus - but it is still
    > a photo that stirs emotion.

    Yes, the graveyard (? Friedhof) is one of my favourite series too.
    It was a cold day in february, only some persons were there and the
    light was very good.

    > What is up witht he skull and cross bones? Not something I'd want on my
    > headstone!?

    You mean "totenkopf1a.htm"? That's a very old one from the 16. century.

    Ulrich
    --
    http://fotos.cconin.de
    Ulrich Witte, Jul 16, 2003
  10. Ulrich Witte

    Ulrich Witte Guest

    Paul Heslop am 16 Jul 2003:

    >> Photos: http://fotos.cconin.de

    > Great stuff, specially the steam engines!

    Thanks. I like old machines and engines. Some are about
    80 to 100 years old and they work and work ...

    Ulrich
    --
    http://fotos.cconin.de
    Ulrich Witte, Jul 16, 2003
  11. Ulrich Witte

    Ulrich Witte Guest

    Ulrich Witte, Jul 16, 2003
  12. Ulrich Witte

    Ulrich Witte Guest

    Ulrich Witte, Jul 16, 2003
  13. Ulrich Witte

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Ulrich Witte wrote:

    > Paul Heslop am 16 Jul 2003:
    >
    > >> Photos: http://fotos.cconin.de

    > > Great stuff, specially the steam engines!

    > Thanks. I like old machines and engines. Some are about
    > 80 to 100 years old and they work and work ...
    >
    > Ulrich
    > --
    > http://fotos.cconin.de

    and they still look good!