Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Roy, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Roy

    Roy Guest

    Hi all,
    Can anyone suggest an on-line gallery for my photos. I need to be able
    to require login for invited guests to view some personal albums, and lots
    of space would be good.
    I like the layout of this site:

    http://www.pbase.com/patliu/april_2005 (person chosen at random)

    but it requires a subscription for full benefits.
    I look forward to your suggestions.
    Regards,
    Roy.

    IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

    Please do not add my address to any on-line address book,
    send me, e- greetings cards or web page links via their site
    to this address. I'm trying to cut down on junk mail.
    Thank you.

    www.btinternet.com/~godalming

    Roy, Apr 13, 2005

  2. Roy

    My View Guest

    Definitely try pbase. The cost for 200Mb (which allows plenty of images to
    be uploaded) is only around US$29 (?) per year. Well worth it for the ease
    it provides in setting it up. Has the password option you are after as well.
    I have been with them since end of last year.
    regards
    PeterH
    http://www.pbase.com/pshardie

    My View, Apr 13, 2005

  3. Roy

    Mark Lauter Guest

    > Can anyone suggest an on-line gallery for my photos. I need to be
    able
    > to require login for invited guests to view some personal albums, and

    lots
    > of space would be good.

    pbase is very expensive for what you get.

    go register your domain name

    go to http://gallery.menalto.com/ and download Gallery

    go to ixwebhosting.com and open an account

    upload and configure gallery

    Enjoy your 10 gig of space for $24 a year.

    --
    Mark Lauter

    Photos, Ideas & Opinions
    http://www.marklauter.com

    Mark Lauter, Apr 13, 2005
  4. Roy

    Eric Babula Guest

    "Roy" <> wrote in

    > Hi all,
    > Can anyone suggest an on-line gallery for my photos. I need
    > to be able
    > to require login for invited guests to view some personal albums,
    > and lots of space would be good.
    > I like the layout of this site:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/patliu/april_2005 (person chosen at random)
    >
    > but it requires a subscription for full benefits.
    > I look forward to your suggestions.
    > Regards,
    > Roy.

    > IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
    >
    > Please do not add my address to any on-line address book,
    > send me, e- greetings cards or web page links via their site
    > to this address. I'm trying to cut down on junk mail.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > www.btinternet.com/~godalming

    What about www.webshots.com? I haven't used them, but it seems that you
    can create your own online album, and make it secure, all for free. I
    don't know much about it, though - you'll have to research it - like,
    how much space you get, etc.

    Has anyone used Webshots?

    --
    Eric Babula
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

    Eric Babula, Apr 13, 2005
  5. Try www.shuttercity.com, it's the one I use.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Apr 13, 2005
  6. Roy

    SeaShel Guest

    Roy wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Can anyone suggest an on-line gallery for my photos. I need to
    > be able to require login for invited guests to view some personal
    > albums, and lots of space would be good.
    > I like the layout of this site:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/patliu/april_2005 (person chosen at random)
    >
    > but it requires a subscription for full benefits.
    > I look forward to your suggestions.
    > Regards,
    > Roy.

    www.smugmug.com

    $30 per year, and your upload space is unlimited. Classy site.

    ---
    Michelle
    (SeaShel)

    free the fish to reply

    SeaShel, Apr 13, 2005
  7. Roy

    Roy Guest

    Hi, thank you everyone for your comments & suggestions, I will take a closer
    look at them.

    Regards,
    Roy.

    Roy, Apr 13, 2005
  8. Mark Lauter <available_upon_request@just_ask_in_a_post.com> writes:

    > go to ixwebhosting.com and open an account
    >
    > upload and configure gallery
    >
    > Enjoy your 10 gig of space for $24 a year.

    Where? All I see is:

    500 MB Space 1 Domain $4.95/mo!
    1,500 MB Space 1 Domain $6.99/mo!
    2,500 MB Space 3 Domains $12.99/mo!

    etc. Plus $20 setup.

    Pierre
    --
    Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
    | www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
    The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
    www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog

    Pierre Jelenc, Apr 16, 2005