    PC server]. As much automation as possible is best. I need to customize the
    HTML, mainly adding a standard header with logo and links to the rest of the
    site, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    leo, Aug 28, 2004

  2. leo

    Hunt Guest

    In article <pc0Yc.1763$>,
    says...

    >I have a _lot_ of photos that I want to post to the web site with captions
    >and link to the full size version residing on a different location [my home
    >PC server]. As much automation as possible is best. I need to customize the
    >HTML, mainly adding a standard header with logo and links to the rest of the
    >site, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    ThumbsPlus v6 will do most of that for you. Web site is www.cerious.com. I
    believe that they have a demo ver, that should be tried out, before you buy
    for your specific use.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Aug 28, 2004

  3. leo

    Jem Raid Guest

    "leo" <> wrote in message
    > I have a _lot_ of photos that I want to post to the web site with captions
    > and link to the full size version residing on a different location [my

    home
    > PC server]. As much automation as possible is best. I need to customize

    the
    > HTML, mainly adding a standard header with logo and links to the rest of

    the
    > site, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    Dunno about a special program for it, I use Mozilla, I find it very simple,
    esp when you want to insert some pics between some others, it's very easy to
    learn to use and it's free.

    Jem Raid, Aug 28, 2004
  4. leo

    Leon Pillich Guest

    leo wrote:
    > I have a _lot_ of photos that I want to post to the web site with captions
    > and link to the full size version residing on a different location [my home
    > PC server]. As much automation as possible is best. I need to customize the
    > HTML, mainly adding a standard header with logo and links to the rest of the
    > site, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    Hi,

    A few months ago I have evaluated a large number of programs for this
    and by far the best is JAlbum on http://jalbum.net. In this program you
    can use any of the skins (a kind of sophisticated templates) provided
    with the program but more skins can be found on the website. Everything
    is highly customizable, but only if you want to! A lot can be achieved
    by the standard functionality and one of the excellent standard skins.

    You can't go wrong!

    The program is a Java program so it can run on Apple, Windows and Linux.
    Performance is excellent.

    Leon

    Leon Pillich, Aug 28, 2004
  5. leo

    Mikey S. Guest

    Check out gallery..you can't beat the price, free
    You do need a server running php though
    http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

    --

    Mikey S.
    http://www.mike721.com

    Mikey S., Aug 29, 2004
  6. leo

    Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Mikey S." <> stated that:

    >Check out gallery..you can't beat the price, free
    >You do need a server running php though
    >http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

    Yep, I use Gallery myself & recommend it highly. You can see my setup on
    <http://lo.ve.ly>

    , Aug 30, 2004
  7. leo

    leo Guest

    "Leon Pillich" <iambeeblebrox@_no_spam.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > leo wrote:
    >> I have a _lot_ of photos that I want to post to the web site with
    >> captions and link to the full size version residing on a different
    >> location [my home PC server]. As much automation as possible is best. I
    >> need to customize the HTML, mainly adding a standard header with logo and
    >> links to the rest of the site, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    > Hi,
    >
    > A few months ago I have evaluated a large number of programs for this and
    > by far the best is JAlbum on http://jalbum.net. In this program you can
    > use any of the skins (a kind of sophisticated templates) provided with the
    > program but more skins can be found on the website. Everything is highly
    > customizable, but only if you want to! A lot can be achieved by the
    > standard functionality and one of the excellent standard skins.
    >
    > You can't go wrong!
    >
    > The program is a Java program so it can run on Apple, Windows and Linux.
    > Performance is excellent.
    >
    > Leon

    From the overview, this one looks like a winner. Thanks.

    leo, Aug 30, 2004