    haha...
    http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090518-AKL-FRA-2/

    .... enjoy :)
    NotSure, Jul 29, 2009

  2. NotSure

    NotSure Guest

    NotSure, Jul 29, 2009

  3. NotSure

    Eric Stevens Guest

    Eric Stevens, Jul 29, 2009
  4. NotSure

    NotSure Guest

    > >anyone into antique mechanical calculating (adding) machines?

    > Slightly off topic but you should watch the animation ,,,
    > Eric Stevens

    YES! the amazing Antikythera Mechanism on a website of US American for-
    profit abomination
    And a degrading and vulgar commerCIAlization video ... mental theft of
    some fine italian work,
    paid for by the people of Italy.

    Here I made a blog with all the amazing facts, link to the HIGH RES
    video download
    and a link to the satellite image of the location it was found on 17
    May 1902 ...

    http://miscellaneous-sonstiges.blogspot.com/2009/07/antikythera-mechanism-found-17-may-1902.html
    NotSure, Jul 30, 2009
  5. NotSure

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 04:49:41 -0700 (PDT), NotSure
    <> wrote:

    >> >anyone into antique mechanical calculating (adding) machines?

    > > Slightly off topic but you should watch the animation ,,,
    >> Eric Stevens

    >YES! the amazing Antikythera Mechanism on a website of US American for-
    >profit abomination

    New Scientist is British.

    Eric Stevens, Jul 30, 2009
  6. NotSure

    NotSure Guest

    Panorama Stitching question -- was: Photo Gallery of Luxembourg - ArtNoveau lunatic asylum

    Re: http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090705-lux2c/

    Thanks Eric! (see below)

    Here is a question for digital photo experts:

    I used to stitch panorama photos and -- although the software I used
    (photovista I believe) was simple to use and produced reasonable
    results -- now I am in need for a user-friendly (windows) application
    that gives good results.

    is HUGIN easy to use?

    The comparision at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_photo_stitching_applications_(software)
    needs some work...

    == my panorama examples ==

    http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/200105_Wellington_panoramas/lg_pan3h58.html

    http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/aucklandfresno/

    http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/200602_chinese_lantern/lg_x20060212-07h06m25s-PAN.html

    http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/200112_bru_washington/lg_pan12h50.html

    ===== OFF TOPIC =======

    > > > Slightly off topic but you should watch the animation ,,,
    > >> Eric Stevens

    > >YES! the amazing Antikythera Mechanism on a website of US American for-
    > >profit abomination

    > New Scientist is British.

    I should have said "Anglo-American".

    > >Here I made a blog with all the amazing facts, link to the HIGH RES
    > >video download
    > >and a link to the satellite image of the location it was found on 17
    > >May 1902 ...

    > > http://miscellaneous-sonstiges.blogspot.com/2009/07/antikythera-mechanism-found-17-may-1902.html

    If there was one "mechanism" IMHO there would have been a few more..
    versions of it. The genius "watchmaker" probably did not just produce
    a single one that then sank with a merchant ship. Maybe this
    presumption could be substantiated by looking into the records of
    those times in order to search for evidence of astronomical presages.
    IF the device was indeed precise enough -- and not just used for
    demonstration of heavenly cycles.
    NotSure, Jul 31, 2009
  7. Re: Panorama Stitching question -- was: Photo Gallery of Luxembourg - Art Noveau lunatic asylum

    NotSure wrote:
    []
    > I used to stitch panorama photos and -- although the software I used
    > (photovista I believe) was simple to use and produced reasonable
    > results -- now I am in need for a user-friendly (windows) application
    > that gives good results.

    I have found AutoPano Pro easy to use and it gives very good results:

    http://www.autopano.net/en/

    I liked it enough to buy it. You just point it at a directory of photos
    and press go. If you wish, you can refine the pano settings it
    automatically detects before pressing Make Pano.

    David

    [Cross-posting trimmed]
    David J Taylor, Aug 1, 2009
  8. NotSure

    NotSure Guest

    Re: Panorama Stitching question -- was: Photo Gallery of Luxembourg -Art Noveau lunatic asylum

    > I have found AutoPano Pro easy to use and it gives very good results:
    > I liked it enough to buy it.  You just point it at a directory of photos
    > and press go.

    Really? Wow!! THANKS!!!
    NotSure, Aug 1, 2009
  9. NotSure

    me Guest

    Re: Panorama Stitching question -- was: Photo Gallery of Luxembourg - Art Noveau lunatic asylum

    On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:17:22 -0700 (PDT), NotSure
    <> wrote:

    >I used to stitch panorama photos and -- although the software I used
    >(photovista I believe) was simple to use and produced reasonable
    >results -- now I am in need for a user-friendly (windows) application
    >that gives good results.

    David mentioned a commercial implementation of the Autosticth
    algorithms. First, you might want to give the free version a try.

    http://www.autostitch.net
    me, Aug 1, 2009
  10. Re: Panorama Stitching question -- was: Photo Gallery of Luxembourg - Art Noveau lunatic asylum

    me wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:17:22 -0700 (PDT), NotSure
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I used to stitch panorama photos and -- although the software I used
    >> (photovista I believe) was simple to use and produced reasonable
    >> results -- now I am in need for a user-friendly (windows) application
    >> that gives good results.

    > David mentioned a commercial implementation of the Autosticth
    > algorithms. First, you might want to give the free version a try.
    >
    > http://www.autostitch.net

    Indeed, that's an excellent start. One thing I noticed in the pano
    examples the OP gave were ghost images, and the removal of ghosts was one
    of the features which persuaded me to buy AutoPano Pro, together with the
    ability to produce cylindrical and rectilinear (pure wide-angle)
    projections.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Aug 1, 2009