    Comments and feedback are welcome.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Alfred Molon

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > I just finished doing a major redesign of my travel photography site:
    >
    > http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm
    >
    > Basically the site now has a much improved user interface (is based for
    > the first time on CSS) and there is an internal advanced search which
    > generates among others pages with thumbnails in the search results.

    Looks nice. But I clicked on Malaysia, then National Parks, then Taman
    Negara, and then I got a page full of broken images. If I edit the HTML so
    that the "JPG" in each image src attribute is instead "jpg" (lower case)
    then it works. Maybe you are uploading from Windows (which is not
    case-sensitive) to Unix (which is).

    miguel
    --
    Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
    Miguel Cruz, Dec 14, 2003

  3. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <SC5Db.10348$>,
    says...

    > Looks nice. But I clicked on Malaysia, then National Parks, then Taman
    > Negara, and then I got a page full of broken images. If I edit the HTML so
    > that the "JPG" in each image src attribute is instead "jpg" (lower case)
    > then it works. Maybe you are uploading from Windows (which is not
    > case-sensitive) to Unix (which is).

    Thanks Miguel, I just corrected the error. I wish the UNIX world wasn't
    case sensitive. The new site is "fresh" and this might not the last bug
    detected. I guess I'll spend the next few days debugging the site.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Malaysia,
    Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Budapest and Portugal
    Alfred Molon, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Thanks Miguel, I just corrected the error. I wish the UNIX world wasn't
    > case sensitive. The new site is "fresh" and this might not the last bug
    > detected. I guess I'll spend the next few days debugging the site.

    Hmmm... there are more of these jpg-JPG bugs. I just corrected the
    entire Malaysia photo gallery (1000 images). Will correct the remaining
    galleries tomorrow.

    Alfred Molon, Dec 14, 2003
  5. > I wish the UNIX world wasn't
    >case sensitive.

    I wish the Microsoft world would be case sensitive....

    -Michael
    Michael Schnell, Dec 15, 2003
  6. Alfred Molon

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > Hmmm... there are more of these jpg-JPG bugs. I just corrected the
    > entire Malaysia photo gallery (1000 images). Will correct the remaining
    > galleries tomorrow.

    If you have control over the Apache configuration you may be able to solve
    the problem with one blow by installing mod_speling.

    miguel
    --
    Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
    Miguel Cruz, Dec 15, 2003
  7. Alfred Molon

    SchnauzerDad Guest

    beautiful pix!
    Chas
    SchnauzerDad, Dec 15, 2003
  8. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Alfred Molon, Dec 15, 2003
  9. Alfred Molon

    Gerard Guest

    Alfred

    I've just browsed some pictures of yours and more particularly those on
    Vienna and I'm wondering what sort of camera you own, since I find the
    images rather sharp and full of details.

    Gérard

    --
    Gérard Férini
    Switzerland

    Gerard, Dec 15, 2003
  10. Alfred Molon

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Gerard <> wrote:
    > I've just browsed some pictures of yours and more particularly those on
    > Vienna and I'm wondering what sort of camera you own, since I find the
    > images rather sharp and full of details.

    I think he uses one of the Olympus models - C3030 or something similar. I
    sure wish I could get photos as sharp as he does, but from my perspective
    I'm not sure it would be worth the tradeoff of having a much larger camera
    to carry around (having one that easily fits in my pants pocket is very
    nice).

    miguel
    --
    Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
    Miguel Cruz, Dec 15, 2003
  11. Alfred Molon

    Wdflannery Guest

    Incredibly slow and full of bugs. I didn't see any pics on the main page ...
    clicked the 'Malaysia' page and another long wait and still no pics ... sent a
    comment using the field on the page and got a "bad page" error or something ...
    all kinds of pop-ups too !!!!
    Wdflannery, Dec 15, 2003
  12. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <3fdd6b65$>, says...
    > Alfred
    >
    > I've just browsed some pictures of yours and more particularly those on
    > Vienna and I'm wondering what sort of camera you own, since I find the
    > images rather sharp and full of details.

    Most of the images of the Vienna gallery were shot with an Olympus 5050,
    a 5MP digital camera. In addition, a number of those images are
    panoramas, obtained by stitching together several images and have
    resolutions between 10 and 20 MP (uninterpolated).
    --

    Alfred Molon

    http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
    Alfred Molon, Dec 15, 2003
  13. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <K9eDb.16143$>,
    says...
    > I'm not sure it would be worth the tradeoff of having a much larger camera
    > to carry around (having one that easily fits in my pants pocket is very
    > nice).

    Size (and cost) is what makes me hesitate about upgrading to a DSLR. The
    camera I'm currently using (the Oly 5050) has an F1.8 lens and is a good
    compromise between quality and portability. Having a DSLR would give me
    usable ISO 400 and perhaps 800 settings, but I rarely need that
    sensitivity.

    Alfred Molon, Dec 15, 2003
  14. Alfred Molon

    Chuck Guest

    Hey,

    If you want a really cool way to display photos on the web, there's a
    new program that gives you total control and creativity over the
    display of your photos. It's the coolest thing I've seen.

    Check it out at
    www.webprose.ws
    Chuck, Dec 16, 2003
  15. Alfred Molon

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Chuck <> wrote:
    > If you want a really cool way to display photos on the web, there's a
    > new program that gives you total control and creativity over the
    > display of your photos. It's the coolest thing I've seen.
    >
    > www.webprose.ws

    The web site doesn't even work. On the first page I get dead links for
    "Home", "Product", "Trial Version", etc. Clicking on them does nothing.
    Likewise "Back" and "Forward" at the bottom.

    miguel
    --
    Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
    Miguel Cruz, Dec 16, 2003
  16. Alfred Molon

    Dave Fossett Guest

    Miguel Cruz wrote:

    > > www.webprose.ws

    > The web site doesn't even work. On the first page I get dead links for
    > "Home", "Product", "Trial Version", etc. Clicking on them does nothing.
    > Likewise "Back" and "Forward" at the bottom.

    You get that much? I just see a blank white screen. Very cool.

    --
    Dave Fossett
    Saitama, Japan
    Dave Fossett, Dec 16, 2003
  17. Alfred Molon

    John L Guest

    Um, I must be doing something wrong, everything works fine on the
    site.

    John L.

    John L, Dec 16, 2003
  18. Alfred Molon

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    John L <> wrote:

    >>> The web site doesn't even work. On the first page I get dead links for
    >>> "Home", "Product", "Trial Version", etc. Clicking on them does nothing.
    >>> Likewise "Back" and "Forward" at the bottom.

    >> You get that much? I just see a blank white screen. Very cool.

    > Um, I must be doing something wrong, everything works fine on the
    > site.

    Probably just means you have the same magic combination of software and
    settings as the person who threw it together.

    A hallmark of amateur web developers is they fail to realize that other
    people have different setups. Rather than developing for the web, they
    develop for their own browser.

    miguel
    --
    Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
    Miguel Cruz, Dec 16, 2003
  19. Alfred Molon

    Kris Guest

    Thanx! I had a quick look at your site, looks great!

    Kris

    Kris, Dec 16, 2003
  20. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Incredibly slow and full of bugs. I didn't see any pics on the main page ...
    > clicked the 'Malaysia' page and another long wait and still no pics ... sent a
    > comment using the field on the page and got a "bad page" error or something ...
    > all kinds of pop-ups too !!!!

    Sorry for the inconvenience, which was caused by some of the images
    ending in "JPG" when they were supposed to end with "jpg". Now I fixed
    the images problem.

    The site normally is very fast, it's just that my host has experienced
    technical problems over the past days. Try again.

    Alfred Molon, Dec 16, 2003