Photo: FULL Seattle skyline

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cynicor, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Cynicor

    erics Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard photos
    > of Seattle, this is where to go.
    >
    > http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
    > http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

    Personally I find the dark buildings on the right hand side in the
    foreground a little distracting, and the glares on the left hand side
    foreground drag the eye away from the best part of the photo.

    Very nice pictures though, ones I'd have been pleased to take.

    erics, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Cynicor

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ron Hunter, Apr 21, 2005
  4. Joseph Meehan, Apr 21, 2005
  5. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > Cynicor wrote:
    >> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard
    >> photos of Seattle, this is where to go.
    >>
    >> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
    >> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

    > Very nice photo. It makes me more interested in night photography with
    > my 20D.

    Thanks. I realized that Paint Shop Pro (v6) stripped out the JPG details,
    but this was taken with a D70 and a 70-200 lens. 100mm focal length, f/16
    for 6 seconds (I used aperture priority mode and underexposed by two stops).

    Cynicor, Apr 21, 2005
  6. Cynicor

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Apr 21, 2005
  7. Cynicor

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    Pete Fenelon, Apr 21, 2005
  8. Bob Harrington, Apr 21, 2005
  9. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    "Bob Harrington" <> wrote:

    >> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
    >> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

    > Very nice!

    Thanks. Oh, by the way - we were talking about that lightweight Velbon
    tripod here a couple of weeks ago. That photo is a 6 second exposure with
    the Nikon 70-200 VR lens mounted to the Velbon MAXi 343E tripod. The lens is
    about 50.4 oz and the D70 body is about 21 oz plus battery. No problem at
    all with stability in a light wind.

    Cynicor, Apr 22, 2005
  10. Cynicor

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bob Harrington wrote:
    > Cynicor wrote:
    >
    >>Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard
    >>photos of Seattle, this is where to go.
    >>
    >>http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
    >>http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768, 122KB

    > Very nice!
    >
    > One of my favorite photo haunts. It doesn't hurt that I live just a
    > two-block walk from Kerry Park... ;^)
    >
    > Bob ^,,^
    > http://bobqat.com/Mazama/Seattle/Seattle_Scenes.html

    Nice work. I love the intense color on the sunset shots.
    What camera?

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 22, 2005
  11. Cynicor wrote:
    > "Bob Harrington" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
    >>> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768,
    >>> 122KB

    >> Very nice!

    > Thanks. Oh, by the way - we were talking about that lightweight Velbon
    > tripod here a couple of weeks ago. That photo is a 6 second exposure
    > with the Nikon 70-200 VR lens mounted to the Velbon MAXi 343E tripod.
    > The lens is about 50.4 oz and the D70 body is about 21 oz plus
    > battery. No problem at all with stability in a light wind.

    I think I need a new tripod...

    Bob Harrington, Apr 22, 2005
  12. Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Bob Harrington wrote:
    >> Cynicor wrote:
    >>
    >>> Took these in Kerry Park in Queen Anne. If you ever need postcard
    >>> photos of Seattle, this is where to go.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle.jpg - 3000x2000, 907KB
    >>> http://www.trupin.com/photos/Scenery/Seattle1024.jpg - 1024x768,
    >>> 122KB

    >> Very nice!
    >>
    >> One of my favorite photo haunts. It doesn't hurt that I live just a
    >> two-block walk from Kerry Park... ;^)
    >>
    >> Bob ^,,^
    >> http://bobqat.com/Mazama/Seattle/Seattle_Scenes.html
    >>

    > Nice work. I love the intense color on the sunset shots.
    > What camera?

    Thank you!

    A few of these are slide scans, most were taken with a Sony Mavica
    CD1000 and massaged/abused in Photoshop, though "Technicolor sunrise" is
    actually pretty close to the amazing colors that morning. Anybody in
    Seattle who watches KIKG 5 News gets to see that shot when KING runs
    their weatherpix info card most nights - I wish I had a nickle...

    Finally have editing access back with my web site (sad story...) so
    really need to get some new stuff up, especially with the new Maxxum 7D
    and all! ;^)

    Bob ^,,^

    Bob Harrington, Apr 22, 2005
  13. Cynicor

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bob Harrington wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >>Bob Harrington wrote:

    >>>Very nice!
    >>>
    >>>One of my favorite photo haunts. It doesn't hurt that I live just a
    >>>two-block walk from Kerry Park... ;^)
    >>>
    >>>Bob ^,,^
    >>> http://bobqat.com/Mazama/Seattle/Seattle_Scenes.html
    >>>

    >>Nice work. I love the intense color on the sunset shots.
    >>What camera?

    > Thank you!
    >
    > A few of these are slide scans, most were taken with a Sony Mavica
    > CD1000 and massaged/abused in Photoshop, though "Technicolor sunrise" is
    > actually pretty close to the amazing colors that morning. Anybody in
    > Seattle who watches KIKG 5 News gets to see that shot when KING runs
    > their weatherpix info card most nights - I wish I had a nickle...
    >
    > Finally have editing access back with my web site (sad story...) so
    > really need to get some new stuff up, especially with the new Maxxum 7D
    > and all! ;^)
    >
    > Bob ^,,^

    Let us know when you do. I enjoyed the pictures. Almost like visiting
    Seattle again. Maybe in a year or two...

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 22, 2005
  14. Cynicor

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bob Harrington wrote:
    > Cynicor wrote:

    >>>Very nice!

    >>Thanks. Oh, by the way - we were talking about that lightweight Velbon
    >>tripod here a couple of weeks ago. That photo is a 6 second exposure
    >>with the Nikon 70-200 VR lens mounted to the Velbon MAXi 343E tripod.
    >>The lens is about 50.4 oz and the D70 body is about 21 oz plus
    >>battery. No problem at all with stability in a light wind.

    > I think I need a new tripod...

    It's something I have never owned, but that may change. I am getting so
    shakey these days I can't handhold the longer exposures.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 22, 2005