    Canon, given the good euro/dollar ratio.
    Anyone could suggest a store with good prices?

    Thanks in advance, Devidah!
    Devidah!, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Devidah!

    Crownfield Guest

    http://www.calumetphoto.com ?
    Crownfield, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Devidah!

    S. Guest

    "Devidah!" <> wrote in message
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I will be on a business trip in Chicago, and I'd like to buy a lens for my
    > Canon, given the good euro/dollar ratio.
    > Anyone could suggest a store with good prices?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Devidah!

    I'm sure many will tell you Calumet Photo but I suggest if you are downtown
    you go to Central Camera on Wabash. Their prices are as good or better than
    Calumet and their salesmen have all been there for years and are quite
    knowledgeable. They have been a Chicago landmark for 60 years. By the way
    stay the hell away from Helix Photo. They used to be great but their prices
    are up there with Wolf/Ritz who as you know are a plague upon the land.

    S.
    S., Apr 1, 2005
  4. Devidah!

    Guest Guest

    I realize that Ritz purchased Wolf, but as an old Wolf employee, please
    don't link the names, it makes me shudder.
    Agree on your recommendation however. I shopped there years ago.
    Old Bob
    Guest, Apr 1, 2005
  5. Devidah!

    Devidah! Guest

    Devidah! wrote:
    > Hello to all,

    I'd like to thank you all, for the precious hints!

    Devidah!
    Devidah!, Apr 1, 2005
  6. Devidah!

    S. Guest

    "Devidah!" <> wrote in message
    > Devidah! wrote:
    >> Hello to all,

    > I'd like to thank you all, for the precious hints!
    >
    > Devidah!

    You are quite welcome. Please have a great trip to our town and afterward
    please send the group an email telling us what you bought.

    S.
    S., Apr 2, 2005
  7. Devidah!

    Frank Pittel Guest

    S. <> wrote:

    : "Devidah!" <> wrote in message
    : news:iZY2e.719671$...
    : > Hello to all,
    : >
    : > I will be on a business trip in Chicago, and I'd like to buy a lens for my
    : > Canon, given the good euro/dollar ratio.
    : > Anyone could suggest a store with good prices?
    : >
    : > Thanks in advance, Devidah!

    : I'm sure many will tell you Calumet Photo but I suggest if you are downtown
    : you go to Central Camera on Wabash. Their prices are as good or better than
    : Calumet and their salesmen have all been there for years and are quite
    : knowledgeable. They have been a Chicago landmark for 60 years. By the way
    : stay the hell away from Helix Photo. They used to be great but their prices
    : are up there with Wolf/Ritz who as you know are a plague upon the land.

    No trip to Chicago for a photographer would be complete without a trip to
    Central Camera. They've been in the same spot for over 100 years!!

    I do like Helix but with Calumet and Central I don't go there much anymomre.

    Frank Pittel, Apr 2, 2005