    Am I stepping into a mine field if I get the notebook with Vista Ultimate 64
    bit?

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.
    BoH, Photographer, Nov 18, 2007

  2. BoH, Photographer

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I've got 4 very happy x64 Ultimate notebooks. One is used for photo
    editing. Photoshop runs very well. I don't use the other two so
    can't comment.

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:02:00 -0800, BoH, Photographer <BoH,

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Nov 18, 2007

  3. Your programs will work perfectly well under 64-bit Vista, as I'm sure you
    know. A 64-bit OS will let you use all 4GB of the RAM - assuming the HP BIOS
    can be, and is, set appropriately. The extra usable 0.5GB or thereabouts
    compared to 32-bit Vista is not likely to make a significant difference in
    practice.

    As a photographer you need to check whether your camera system can be
    controlled and updated via 64-bit Vista as not all the major brands provide
    64-bit compatible software. Some only support 32-bit Vista.

    Also, while any current photo printer is likely to have an x64 Vista driver,
    if you want a RIP not all are yet available in 64-bit versions.

    Any problems are likely to be with hardware and its associated drivers, and
    you might be using some unusual hardware which does not have x64 drivers.

    "BoH, Photographer" <BoH, > wrote in
    message news:...

    Dominic Payer, Nov 18, 2007