    background, but you still see the original background in places that you
    couldn't use the paintbrush on without ruining the face, body, etc. Thanks
    for any suggestions!

    Slytherin, Sep 7, 2007

  2. Slytherin wrote:
    > Can any one reccommend any good photo editing software, preferrably free,
    > that will enable me to change backgrounds easily. So far I've been using
    > paint and using the paintbrush feature and carefully changing the

    That's a toy. It'a a crayon in a world of oil painters.

    > background, but you still see the original background in places that you
    > couldn't use the paintbrush on without ruining the face, body, etc. Thanks
    > for any suggestions!

    The GIMP. Free. Google it.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 7, 2007

  3. Slytherin

    Slytherin Guest

    "Slytherin" <> wrote in message
    > Can any one reccommend any good photo editing software, preferrably free,
    > that will enable me to change backgrounds easily. So far I've been using
    > paint and using the paintbrush feature and carefully changing the
    > background, but you still see the original background in places that you
    > couldn't use the paintbrush on without ruining the face, body, etc. Thanks
    > for any suggestions!

    Sorry, made a mistake on my request. Are there any ways or programs that
    will enable me to change just the background color without bamaging other
    parts of the picture? I downloaded "The GIMP" and I couldn't figure out how
    to even use the program, and help isn't available for the program right now.
    Are there any other free programs or trial programs that I can get to help?

    Slytherin, Sep 7, 2007
  4. Slytherin

    Guest

    "Slytherin" <> wrote:

    >Can any one reccommend any good photo editing software, preferrably free,
    >that will enable me to change backgrounds easily. So far I've been using
    >paint and using the paintbrush feature and carefully changing the
    >background, but you still see the original background in places that you
    >couldn't use the paintbrush on without ruining the face, body, etc. Thanks
    >for any suggestions!

    Paint grew up: http://www.getpaint.net/

    To change backgrounds easily you can use plugins, Gimp as mention has
    a few http://registry.gimp.org/

    --
    Shadow Play
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKoiMiOQvMc

    , Sep 7, 2007
  5. Slytherin

    Guest

    "Slytherin" <> wrote:

    >"Slytherin" <> wrote in message
    >> Can any one reccommend any good photo editing software, preferrably free,
    >> that will enable me to change backgrounds easily. So far I've been using
    >> paint and using the paintbrush feature and carefully changing the
    >> background, but you still see the original background in places that you
    >> couldn't use the paintbrush on without ruining the face, body, etc. Thanks
    >> for any suggestions!

    >Sorry, made a mistake on my request. Are there any ways or programs that
    >will enable me to change just the background color without bamaging other
    >parts of the picture? I downloaded "The GIMP" and I couldn't figure out how
    >to even use the program, and help isn't available for the program right now.
    >Are there any other free programs or trial programs that I can get to help?

    I use Photoshop but all programs follow the same process.

    Work with a TIFF file

    Make a duplicate layer

    Use the magic lasso or other selection tool, and mark or Mask what you
    want removed, - (you can invert this selection)

    Use a fill brush to change background color.

    Flatten layers

    When I started many years ago, I found http://www.mccannas.com/ site
    helpful,
    --
    Shadow Play
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKoiMiOQvMc

    , Sep 7, 2007
  6. Slytherin

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Sep 7, 2007
  7. Slytherin

    ceed Guest

    Slytherin wrote:

    > Can any one reccommend any good photo editing software, preferrably
    > free, that will enable me to change backgrounds easily. So far I've
    > been using paint and using the paintbrush feature and carefully
    > changing the background, but you still see the original background in
    > places that you couldn't use the paintbrush on without ruining the
    > face, body, etc. Thanks for any suggestions!

    May I suggest The Gimp:

    http://www.gimp.org/

    I have successfully done background changes using this tutorial:

    http://gimpguru.org/Tutorials/ReplaceBackground/

    You may of course use Adobe Photoshop for this, but The Gimp is free.

    --
    //ceed

    ceed, Sep 7, 2007
  8. Slytherin

    Mitch Guest

    In article <dy3Ei.136656$rX4.28053@pd7urf2no>, Slytherin
    <> wrote:

    > Can any one reccommend any good photo editing software, preferrably free,
    > that will enable me to change backgrounds easily. So far I've been using
    > paint and using the paintbrush feature and carefully changing the
    > background, but you still see the original background in places that you
    > couldn't use the paintbrush on without ruining the face, body, etc. Thanks
    > for any suggestions!

    What you should be doing is learning how to MASK. (Think of masking
    tape, which does the same thing to protect parts from being painted.)

    Use any decent editing program, but use the MASK function; learn to
    select or draw borders on the subject, reverse the selection, and
    remove all of that background.

    Many good editors (like Photoshop Elements and GIMP) have great tools
    for selecting content 'smartly' -- use those.

    Here's a trick: learn to select by color range, and then combine all of
    the selections into one figure. Then you can reverse the selection and
    remove everything else.

    Learn how to use layers to move parts around and recombine them later.

    Mitch, Sep 7, 2007
  9. Slytherin

    samuel Guest

    "Slytherin" <> wrote in

    > Can any one reccommend any good photo editing software,
    > preferrably free, that will enable me to change backgrounds
    > easily. So far I've been using paint and using the paintbrush
    > feature and carefully changing the background, but you still
    > see the original background in places that you couldn't use
    > the paintbrush on without ruining the face, body, etc. Thanks
    > for any suggestions!

    free

    photo filtre
    http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm