    I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
    resolution of photos for emailing.

    Any advice much appreciated.

    Ray, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Ray

    Renee Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote in message
    news:8Uemd.100422$tU4.21945@okepread06...
    > I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
    > I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
    > resolution of photos for emailing.
    >
    > Any advice much appreciated.

    Are you using Windows XP?

    You can right-click on a file, and send it to an e-mail recipient. Then
    you'll get an option for reducing the file size for e-mail.

    Renee

    Renee, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Ray

    GTO Guest

    Corel's PaintShop Pro 9. It comes with a very nice digital noise removal
    filter.

    Gregor

    GTO, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Ray

    wald Guest

    "Renee" <> wrote:

    > "Ray" <> wrote...
    >> I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing
    >> digital photos. I'm particularly interested in a program that
    >> will compress/reduce the resolution of photos for emailing.

    > Are you using Windows XP?
    >
    > You can right-click on a file, and send it to an e-mail
    > recipient. Then you'll get an option for reducing the file size
    > for e-mail.

    Hardly an accurate solution...

    To the OP: try IrfanView, it does all you want without hassle.
    Cropping/resizing/configurable compression/...

    Regards,
    Wald

    wald, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Ray

    YAG-ART Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, "Ray" <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
    >I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
    >resolution of photos for emailing.

    Adobe Photoshop Elements

    YAG-ART, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Ray

    Owamanga Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:15:35 GMT, YAG-ART <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, "Ray" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
    >>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
    >>resolution of photos for emailing.

    >Adobe Photoshop Elements

    ....will exceed your expectations. A good choice.

    --
    Owamanga!

    Owamanga, Nov 16, 2004
  7. Ray

    Jeremy Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
    > I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
    > resolution of photos for emailing.
    >
    > Any advice much appreciated.

    Try Kodak Easy Share, FREE available on the Kodak web site. It might be
    exactly what you are seeking. Costs nothing to download and use it.

    Jeremy, Nov 16, 2004
  8. Ray

    Markeau Guest

    Picasa is nice, and free:
    http://www.picasa.com/picasa/

    And the Microsoft digital image editing products are very easy-to-use:
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/imaging/choose.aspx

    And then of course Photoshop Elements is excellent but it is probably
    much greater than "middle of road" (and can be difficult for novices).

    Markeau, Nov 16, 2004
  9. Ray

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, in rec.photo.digital "Ray"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
    >I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
    >resolution of photos for emailing.

    On the Windows side, for free Irfanview will do this in batches quite
    easily. http://www.irfanview.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Nov 16, 2004
  10. Ray

    mortn Guest

    Ed Ruf wrote:
    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, in rec.photo.digital "Ray"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
    >>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
    >>resolution of photos for emailing.

    > On the Windows side, for free Irfanview will do this in batches quite
    > easily. http://www.irfanview.com
    > Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    > See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    > http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Take a good look at PaintShop Pro 9. It's a truly wonderful program and it won't
    bankrupt you.

    mortn, Nov 16, 2004
  11. Ray

    Kent Guest

    Try Ifranview. It is free and will probably do most/all of the things you
    want to do. If you like it, you can go out an buy a fancier program later.
    It is a free download. Just google Ifranview and it will give you the site.

    Kent, Nov 19, 2004
  12. Ray

    Colin D Guest

    Kent wrote:

    > Try Ifranview. It is free and will probably do most/all of the things you
    > want to do. If you like it, you can go out an buy a fancier program later.
    > It is a free download. Just google Ifranview and it will give you the site.
    >
    > "Ray" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
    > > I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
    > > resolution of photos for emailing.
    > >
    > > Any advice much appreciated.

    That should be Irfanview. Ifranview will probably not find the program.

    Colin D, Nov 19, 2004
  13. Ray

    xiao Guest

    If you want have a good quality, you can try photoshop, or acdsee

    xiao, Nov 19, 2004
  14. Ray

    RSD99 Guest

    RSD99, Nov 19, 2004