    and that keeps the thumbnails in the DB.

    Many thanks,
    Sid.
    SWCP, May 2, 2006

  2. SWCP

    Slater Guest

    I am using ACDSee Pro with a catalogue of approx 6600 images. I do not
    have the latest blistering PC and it is fast enough to comfortably use.
    The PC is home networked (100 MB link) and cataloguing images on
    another drive is fast enough. I am not sure if the thumbnails are
    stored seperately, but it does the job I need. Hope this helps.
    Slater, May 2, 2006

  3. SWCP

    SleeperMan Guest

    In news:e38cqe$k39$,
    SWCP <> typed:

    I use thumbsPlus. www.cerious.com

    --
    Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com
    SleeperMan, May 2, 2006
  4. On Tue, 2 May 2006 13:44:03 -0600, "SWCP" <> wrote:

    >So, does anyone have a recommendation for a photo
    >database application that will efficiently handle several thousand photos
    >and that keeps the thumbnails in the DB.

    I use IMatch for this. Thumb size is configurable. Handles off-line or
    online remote storage very well. Has easy relocation of files that are
    moved to different media/drives. http://www.photools.com

    HTH
    DuncanC
    Duncan Chesley, May 4, 2006