    What is your favourite photo database freeware - I have tried Picasa2,
    but could not share database info across a wireless network.

    Cheers
    Paul D, Aug 6, 2005

  2. Paul D

    Pepe Guest

    "Paul D" <tony_nospam_@highbury_no_no.com> skrev i meddelandet
    news:...
    > What is your favourite photo database freeware - I have tried Picasa2,
    > but could not share database info across a wireless network.
    >
    > Cheers

    Fotostation Pro
    http://www.fotoware.com/

    Pepe
    Pepe, Aug 6, 2005

  3. Paul D

    Paul Allen Guest

    Paul D wrote:
    > What is your favourite photo database freeware -

    I've written my own. I'm strongly bent that way, and there wasn't much
    available when I went digital three years ago. It doesn't run on
    Windows, yet.

    > I have tried Picasa2,
    > but could not share database info across a wireless network.

    Lots of folks seem to like Picasa2. It's surprising that it's not
    network-freindly. You might get more help if you described how
    it went wrong.

    Paul
    Paul Allen, Aug 6, 2005
  4. Paul D

    Paul D Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:24:55 -0700, Paul Allen <"paul dot l dot allen
    at comcast dot net"> wrote:

    >Paul D wrote:
    >> What is your favourite photo database freeware -

    >I've written my own. I'm strongly bent that way, and there wasn't much
    >available when I went digital three years ago. It doesn't run on
    >Windows, yet.
    >
    > > I have tried Picasa2,
    >> but could not share database info across a wireless network.

    >Lots of folks seem to like Picasa2. It's surprising that it's not
    >network-freindly. You might get more help if you described how
    >it went wrong.

    In the file/folder import window I was not able to locate 'My Network
    Places'

    Paul D, Aug 6, 2005
  5. Paul D

    Blob Guest

    Paul D wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:24:55 -0700, Paul Allen <"paul dot l dot allen
    > at comcast dot net"> wrote:

    >>>I have tried Picasa2,
    >>>but could not share database info across a wireless network.

    >>Lots of folks seem to like Picasa2. It's surprising that it's not
    >>network-freindly. You might get more help if you described how
    >>it went wrong.

    > In the file/folder import window I was not able to locate 'My Network
    > Places'

    Select "Folder..." as the device and point it to your network resource.
    Blob, Aug 6, 2005
  6. Paul D

    Alain Guest

    In article <>,
    tony_nospam_@highbury_no_no.com says...
    > What is your favourite photo database freeware - I have tried Picasa2,
    > but could not share database info across a wireless network.
    >
    > Cheers

    Freeware : MyAlbum
    Alain, Aug 6, 2005
  7. Paul D

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Paul D says...
    > What is your favourite photo database freeware - I have tried Picasa2,
    > but could not share database info across a wireless network.

    Would be great having a software which automatically analysed the images
    and assigned keywords using artifical intelligence and computer vision
    techniques.

    Or failing that, a software which classifies/sorts the images according
    to areas of homogeneous colour: images with lot of sky, lot of green,
    lot of skin tones etc.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Aug 6, 2005
  8. Paul D

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    Alfred Molon <> wrote:

    > In article <>, Paul D says...
    > > What is your favourite photo database freeware - I have tried Picasa2,
    > > but could not share database info across a wireless network.

    > Would be great having a software which automatically analysed the images
    > and assigned keywords using artifical intelligence and computer vision
    > techniques.
    >
    > Or failing that, a software which classifies/sorts the images according
    > to areas of homogeneous colour: images with lot of sky, lot of green,
    > lot of skin tones etc.

    iView Media Pro does that. It generates a 'Sample Color' browser. You
    click on a color and get those images.

    Might have to wait a few years on the automatic keyworder, however...
    :)
    Paul Mitchum, Aug 6, 2005
  9. Paul D

    wavelength Guest

    By that criteria, wouldn't a green car be classified with a tree? Or a
    brown person with brown leaves?
    wavelength, Aug 7, 2005
  10. Paul D

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>,
    wavelength says...
    > By that criteria, wouldn't a green car be classified with a tree? Or a
    > brown person with brown leaves?

    That's possible. You'd have to add shape and texture recognition to
    improve the classification. I guess texture recognition is quite
    advanced by now.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Aug 7, 2005
  11. Paul D

    Paul D Guest

    On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:49:47 -0700, 0m (Paul Mitchum)
    wrote:

    >Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, Paul D says...
    >> > What is your favourite photo database freeware - I have tried Picasa2,
    >> > but could not share database info across a wireless network.

    >> Would be great having a software which automatically analysed the images
    >> and assigned keywords using artifical intelligence and computer vision
    >> techniques.
    >>
    >> Or failing that, a software which classifies/sorts the images according
    >> to areas of homogeneous colour: images with lot of sky, lot of green,
    >> lot of skin tones etc.

    >iView Media Pro does that. It generates a 'Sample Color' browser. You
    >click on a color and get those images.

    Is there a freeware version?

    Paul D, Aug 7, 2005
  12. Paul D

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    Paul D <tony_nospam_@highbury_no_no.com> wrote:

    > On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:49:47 -0700, 0m (Paul Mitchum)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> In article <>, Paul D says...
    > >>
    > >> Would be great having a software which automatically analysed the images
    > >> and assigned keywords using artifical intelligence and computer vision
    > >> techniques.
    > >>
    > >> Or failing that, a software which classifies/sorts the images according
    > >> to areas of homogeneous colour: images with lot of sky, lot of green,
    > >> lot of skin tones etc.

    > >iView Media Pro does that. It generates a 'Sample Color' browser. You
    > >click on a color and get those images.

    > Is there a freeware version?

    It's a clear case of you get what you pay for.

    Not too long ago I ran across Album Shaper, which is an open source
    iPhoto look-alike... <http://albumshaper.sourceforge.net/>

    Short on features, but under development. And themeable, so you know
    it's cool. :)
    Paul Mitchum, Aug 7, 2005
  13. Paul D

    Paul D Guest

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:10:44 -0700, 0m (Paul Mitchum)
    wrote:

    >Paul D <tony_nospam_@highbury_no_no.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:49:47 -0700, 0m (Paul Mitchum)
    >> wrote:

    >> >iView Media Pro does that. It generates a 'Sample Color' browser. You
    >> >click on a color and get those images.

    >> Is there a freeware version?

    >It's a clear case of you get what you pay for.
    >
    >Not too long ago I ran across Album Shaper, which is an open source
    >iPhoto look-alike... <http://albumshaper.sourceforge.net/>
    >
    >Short on features, but under development. And themeable, so you know
    >it's cool. :)

    Cheers - look interesting
    Paul D, Aug 7, 2005
  14. Paul D

    Alain Picard Guest

    Paul D <tony_nospam_@highbury_no_no.com> writes:

    > Cheers - look interesting

    One more candidate, if you're willing to go with a Linux
    program, is KimDaBa. Very different than most others, but,
    IMO, much more useful. Kind of like a "visual" database.

    --ap
    Alain Picard, Aug 8, 2005
  15. Paul D

    angus Guest

    Paul D wrote:
    > What is your favourite photo database freeware - I have tried Picasa2,
    > but could not share database info across a wireless network.
    >
    > Cheers

    I'd take a look at Pixvue. Free and integrates itself into Windows.
    Fast searches and seems to be bug free these days.
    http://www.pixvue.com

    Angus
    angus, Aug 8, 2005
  16. Paul D

    Mark Roberts Guest

    "(PeteCresswell)" <> wrote:

    >Per Paul D:
    >>What is your favourite photo database freeware - I have tried Picasa2,
    >>but could not share database info across a wireless network.

    >ThumbsPlus. Dunno about the wireless network aspect.

    I believe the OP was asking about free software.
    I am doubtful he's going to find the wireless sharing capability he
    wants in freeware...
    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing
    Mark Roberts, Aug 8, 2005
  17. Per Paul D:

    (PeteCresswell), Aug 8, 2005
  18. Per Paul D:
    >>>What is your favourite photo database freeware -

    Per Mark Roberts:
    >I believe the OP was asking about free software.

    Duhhhhh *FREE*ware.... now I get it...

    Sorry, that's about the tenth moronic post I've put up since getting my gall
    bladder yanked on Tuesday. Should've just unplugged the PC and stayed in bed.
    It's getting better now - I actually found/fixed a client's program bug on the
    first try this morning. Maybe the anesthetist *didn't* cook my brains after
    all...
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Aug 9, 2005