Photo Collage

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by susan, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. susan

    susan Guest

    susan, Jan 22, 2006

  2. susan

    Mark Guest

    Mark, Jan 22, 2006

  3. susan

    Steve Guest

    Steve, Jan 22, 2006
  4. susan

    HornBlower Guest

    HornBlower, Jan 22, 2006
  5. susan

    Guest

    Photo Collage for Product Photography

    I am using ACDSee Pro and have downloaded Elements 4.0
    I am doing a lot of product photography and would like to link "several"
    pictures together in a vertical "collage" so that I could upload ONE photo to
    the auction site.

    I do not see that either program gives me the ability to do that. or else, my
    brain has calcified with extreme age... iow, once the photos are edited, text
    added, yada, I would be able to "stitch " them together into one shot.

    HELP!!

    thanks
    chas

    , Jan 26, 2006
  6. susan

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Re: Photo Collage for Product Photography

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:07:15 -0600, wrote:

    >I am using ACDSee Pro and have downloaded Elements 4.0
    >I am doing a lot of product photography and would like to link "several"
    >pictures together in a vertical "collage" so that I could upload ONE photo to
    >the auction site.
    >
    >I do not see that either program gives me the ability to do that. or else, my
    >brain has calcified with extreme age... iow, once the photos are edited, text
    >added, yada, I would be able to "stitch " them together into one shot.

    AC/DSee has nothing to do with it.

    Open Elements > New >File> set the size to the total size of the
    completed image.

    Then, open one of your images >Select All> Copy >Close

    Paste this image in your blank file (I'll call it "FINAL")

    Save the file naming it FINAL.

    Click Free Transform and move the corner marker, holding down the
    shift key, and resize what you've pasted in to the approximate size
    you want. (Important to hold down shift key) Use the Move tool place
    the image.

    Then, open the next image and do the same steps.

    Do this until you have pasted in all the images you want into the
    FINAL file, and adjusted each to the proper size.

    Each time you paste, you will create a new layer. You will have to go
    to that layer to move or resize the image in that layer.

    When all images are pasted in, sized, and positioned to your
    satisfaction, click Flatten Image and then SAVE AS: (give it a name)
    and make it a .jpg file.

    Save the FINAL file.

    The flattened .jpg file is what you'll FTP up as your auction image.

    The FINAL file will be a .psd file with all the layers intact. You
    want to keep this in case you want to make changes.

    That SAVE AS: step is important because you will want a .jpg file for
    the auction, and you'll want to keep the original.

    The above is quick and dirty from memory. I use Photoshop 7, not
    Elements, so I can't give you the exact way to find each command.

    However, if you can't figure it out from above, let me know and I'll
    get more specific.

    --

    Tony Cooper
    Orlando, FL
    Tony Cooper, Jan 26, 2006
  7. susan

    jimbok Guest

    Re: Photo Collage for Product Photography

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:07:15 -0600, wrote:

    >I am using ACDSee Pro and have downloaded Elements 4.0
    >I am doing a lot of product photography and would like to link "several"
    >pictures together in a vertical "collage" so that I could upload ONE photo to
    >the auction site.
    >
    >I do not see that either program gives me the ability to do that. or else, my
    >brain has calcified with extreme age... iow, once the photos are edited, text
    >added, yada, I would be able to "stitch " them together into one shot.

    I can't speak for ACDSee or Elements 4.0 since I use neither, but the
    freeware Irfanview will stitch photos either vertically or
    horizontally. Although Irfanview refers to it as a panorama it does
    an "end to end" stitch, not a true panorama.

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --
    jimbok
    jimbok, Jan 26, 2006