    to CD.

    Thanks.

    Matt

    Matt, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Matt

    Cindy Guest

    Hi Matt,

    You are welcome to check out our Picfa Album software at
    http://www.picfa.com/?page=FreeSoftware. It is very easy to use and you
    can add caption and description to each photo. It stores all your photos
    and albums in a single folder so you can easily back them up to a CD.
    You can even backup all your photos and albums to the internet with a
    single menu selection. Please check it out. Thanks!

    Cindy

    Cindy, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Matt

    DonB Guest

    Cindy is always touting for business.
    Picfa Album is gimmicky, with cascading merging screens, which are
    extremely slow and irritating if you are doing a slide show.
    DonB

    DonB, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Matt

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > Can someone recommend an easy to use photo catalog software that will
    > allow some basic photograph information including a caption? Must be
    > very easy to use (that a novice user could use). Would be nice if it
    > could export the albums easily to CD or a single location to be burned
    > to CD.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Matt

    Ember is by far the best!

    Shareware, free to try:

    http://www.firehand.com

    Paolo Pizzi, Oct 30, 2003
  5. Matt

    Onno Guest

    (Matt) wrote in

    > Can someone recommend an easy to use photo catalog software

    Freeware Myalbum does everything you want and a lot more:

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/myalbum/

    --
    Onno

    Onno, Oct 30, 2003
  6. PeterZiminski, Oct 30, 2003
  7. Matt

    Cindy Guest

    Hi Don,

    I am sorry that you feel that way. I am only here to help. Not very many
    people know us since we just started. Back to your "cascading merging
    screens" complaint in slide show, it could be this transition effect
    that slows you down if you are using a slow machine. If so, you can
    select Edit->Preferences->Slide Shows to turn off the transition effect
    or choose a different effect to speed up the slide show. In fact, you
    can select Photo->Photo Info->Display Options to customize the slide
    show transition effect and speed for each photo. Hope this helps and thanks!

    Cindy

    Cindy, Oct 30, 2003
  8. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Cindy, pretty nice software however looking for these features:

    Need to be able to search the comments for specific keywords.

    Would like the comments to display easily along with the photo on the
    screen. In the full view and also on the thumbnail view.

    The comments should be stored or be able to be exported in an HTML
    file in the same directory as the images so that if the photos are
    burned to CD someone else can view the comments.

    Thanks for the suggestion!

    Matt

    Matt, Nov 3, 2003
  9. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I liked the commenting on the images, however it provides no way to
    search the comments :-(

    Matt

    Matt, Nov 3, 2003
  10. Matt

    Matt Guest

    MyAlbum is pretty good except the comments field was not long enough
    to provide extensive commenting.

    Matt

    Matt, Nov 3, 2003
  11. Matt

    Matt Guest

    PhotoLibrary looked a bit 'technical' for the people that would be
    using it. Also, it did not mention exporting the comments for other
    viewers to see. Thanks for the review sites, I'll look through them
    and see what I find. I noticed some of them were fairly expensive and
    we were looking for an inexpensive solution.

    Matt

    Matt, Nov 3, 2003
  12. Matt

    DonB Guest

    A free program called cam2pc is well worth looking at, and is free.

    DonB, Nov 4, 2003
  13. Any and all of the data can be exported to text files.
    Pete

    PeterZiminski, Nov 5, 2003