    reasonable price. I need about 12 copies.

    TIA,
    EJ in NJ
    Ernie Willson, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Ernie Willson

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Ernie Willson" <> wrote in message
    news:4571ef1b$0$1648$...
    >I would like to put together a calendar for my family members. It would
    >have about 14 pages, printed on both sides and be made up from 8.5" by
    >11" sheets. It would open up to 11 by 17 inches.
    >
    > Preferably the work would be done by an on line company.
    >
    > I would appreciate any leads on where to go to get it printed at a
    > reasonable price. I need about 12 copies.
    >
    > TIA,
    > EJ in NJ

    Well, for what it's worth, I have been doing this for my family
    for about 9 years now. I finally gave up fighting with Kinko's
    since they could never get it right (with clearly written instructions).
    They would forget to punch as requested, get the lamination on
    the top wrong (and end up doing it over again). What I finally
    found that works fairly well -- make up your pictures in 8 * 10
    format (that was another sore point with Kinko's -- they wanted
    an ADDITIONAL $5 per pix if I gave it to them digital). Take
    them to Costco - 8x10 is $1.49. Have them print as many as
    you need of each plus a couple of extra for checking. Use
    something like Calendar creator (which is a bit odd but does
    the job) to create calendars for 8x10 size - put all the family
    birthdays etc on there. Now, after making sure you have it
    right, run the prints through your laser printer so it prints the
    calendar on the back of the picture. You can comb bind them
    together if you have a punch or take them in somewhere to
    have them punched bound. I use 13 pages - 1 for each month
    with a top one with the picture "up" and phone numbers etc
    on the back. Works quite well actually (I did have to talk
    to the people at Costco to make sure they didn't print their
    stuff on the back of the images).

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Dec 3, 2006

  3. Ernie Willson

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <4571ef1b$0$1648$>,
    Ernie Willson <> wrote:

    > I would like to put together a calendar for my family members. It would
    > have about 14 pages, printed on both sides and be made up from 8.5" by
    > 11" sheets. It would open up to 11 by 17 inches.
    >
    > Preferably the work would be done by an on line company.
    >
    > I would appreciate any leads on where to go to get it printed at a
    > reasonable price. I need about 12 copies.

    If you have access to a Mac OS X computer, the built-in iPhoto can be
    used to easily set up a calendar and print it.
    Shawn Hirn, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Ernie Willson

    Skip Guest

    Skip, Dec 3, 2006
  5. Ernie Willson wrote:
    > I would like to put together a calendar for my family members. It would
    > have about 14 pages, printed on both sides and be made up from 8.5" by
    > 11" sheets. It would open up to 11 by 17 inches.
    >
    > Preferably the work would be done by an on line company.
    >
    > I would appreciate any leads on where to go to get it printed at a
    > reasonable price. I need about 12 copies.
    >
    > TIA,
    > EJ in NJ

    Thanks to everyone for the thoughts. Skips lead seems to be the best for
    me. If you are interested go to

    http://www.mpix.com/productsinfo.aspx?prod=15

    EJ in NJ
    Ernie Willson, Dec 3, 2006
  6. Ernie Willson

    > Ernie Willson wrote:
    >> I would like to put together a calendar for my family members. It
    >> would have about 14 pages, printed on both sides and be made up from
    >> 8.5" by 11" sheets. It would open up to 11 by 17 inches.
    >>
    >> Preferably the work would be done by an on line company.
    >>
    >> I would appreciate any leads on where to go to get it printed at a
    >> reasonable price. I need about 12 copies.
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> EJ in NJ

    > Thanks to everyone for the thoughts. Skips lead seems to be the best
    > for me. If you are interested go to
    >
    > http://www.mpix.com/productsinfo.aspx?prod=15
    >
    > EJ in NJ

    One important question you need to ask is whether or not you
    need any custom information on the calendar. Many places will
    create custom calendars for you (you supply the pictures), but
    often they will not actually customize the dates for you if you want
    it. I customize mine with kids birthdays, anniversaries, stuff like
    that (so the grandparents can remember upcoming birthdays).
    If you don't want/need that feature, it does make it easier.

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Dec 4, 2006