Photo book publishing - reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kulvinder Singh Matharu, May 31, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I'm looking at those online book publishing services for photographs
    and such. I'd like to create a quality coffee table book using my
    photographs.

    I've looked around have been given advice that the following are
    quite good:

    blurb.com
    mypublisher.com

    Can you provide recommendations for a good company to use? I'm only
    looking at publishing about 10 copies.

    If at all possible, I'd like to be able to create and upload images
    that I have sized (and sharpened) for the intended book resolution (I
    use PhotoShop CS3).

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    --
    Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Website : www.MetalVortex.com
    Contact : www.MetalVortex.com/contact

    Blog : www.MetalVortex.com/blog
    Experimental : www.NinjaTrek.com

    Brain! Brain! What is brain?!

    Kulvinder Singh Matharu, May 31, 2008

  2. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    N Guest

    "Kulvinder Singh Matharu" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking at those online book publishing services for photographs
    > and such. I'd like to create a quality coffee table book using my
    > photographs.
    >
    > I've looked around have been given advice that the following are
    > quite good:
    >
    > blurb.com
    > mypublisher.com
    >
    > Can you provide recommendations for a good company to use? I'm only
    > looking at publishing about 10 copies.
    >
    > If at all possible, I'd like to be able to create and upload images
    > that I have sized (and sharpened) for the intended book resolution (I
    > use PhotoShop CS3).
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Kulvinder Singh Matharu
    >
    > Website : www.MetalVortex.com
    > Contact : www.MetalVortex.com/contact
    >
    > Blog : www.MetalVortex.com/blog
    > Experimental : www.NinjaTrek.com
    >
    > Brain! Brain! What is brain?!

    I did one in Australia, using an Australian publisher, www.momento.com. It
    wasn't cheap, but the software to design the book was the best I could find.
    The book quality was fabulous.

    I'd suggest, if you are fussy with the layout, download the software and
    work with it, to see if you can get the look you want. If you can't get
    that, the print quality doesn't matter.

    N, Jun 1, 2008

  3. On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 19:14:15 -0700, "zagoren" <>
    wrote:

    >hey...
    >
    >don't know much about blurb. i think their site is more geared to
    >text-based creations. i have used shutterfly, snapfish and mypub. i

    [snip]

    Thanks "N" and "zagoren".

    I'm still looking!

    PS - blurb.com have a downloadable photobook program much like
    mypublisher.com.

    Kulvinder Singh Matharu, Jun 3, 2008