Photo before Christmas

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Dec 23, 2009.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Dec 23, 2009

  2. mmyvusenet

    U*U Guest

    What photos of Idolatry? A statue of a fictional character from a poorly
    written book of Fiction. The Bible is no less fiction than Moby Dick, or
    Bleak House.

    U*U, Dec 23, 2009

  3. mmyvusenet

    Jeff R. Guest

    > Hello:
    >
    > Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo about this celebration:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4207857736/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography, and I'd like to wish
    > to everyone a most excellent Christmas.

    ....and continuing in the spirit of the season, may I contribute this scene
    of the baby Cheesus:

    http://www.mendosus.com/jpg/nativity.jpg

    Cheers, all

    --
    Jeff R.

    Jeff R., Dec 23, 2009
  4. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "C J Campbell" <> escribió en el
    mensaje news:2009122309195016807-christophercampbellremovethis@hotmailcom...
    > On 2009-12-23 09:01:34 -0800, "mmyvusenet" <>
    > said:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo about this
    >> celebration:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4207857736/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography, and I'd like to
    >> wish
    >> to everyone a most excellent Christmas.

    > I would use a much lower angle so that I am looking up at the Infant,
    > vertical orientation to cut out the unsightly stuff on the sides, much
    > less exposure with fill flash on the face at a 45º angle and a lesser
    > amount of light on the stairs. I would want the background generally dark
    > as it contributes nothing to the picture, but the stairs should look like
    > they are glowing. I might also move off to one side a little to emphasize
    > that the Infant is descending them.
    >
    > I would also want the Infant (and the whole picture) to appear somewhat
    > warmer and more cheery. If I were setting up the display, I would put big
    > puffy clouds on each side of the stairs. I don't want to see the floor or
    > anything but the Christ Child, the stairs, and the clouds. Unfortunately,
    > we photographers usually don't get much say about that.
    >
    > --
    > Waddling Eagle
    > World Famous Flight Instructor

    Very interesting appreciation, thank you.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Dec 24, 2009
  5. mmyvusenet

    John Turco Guest

    mmyvusenet wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo about this celebration:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4207857736/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography, and I'd like to wish
    > to everyone a most excellent Christmas.

    Miguel:

    I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and wish you a Happy New Year!

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    Paintings Pain and Pun <http://laughatthepain.blogspot.com>

    John Turco, Dec 30, 2009
  6. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "John Turco" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo about this
    >> celebration:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4207857736/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography, and I'd like to
    >> wish
    >> to everyone a most excellent Christmas.

    > Miguel:
    >
    > I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and wish you a Happy New Year!
    >
    > --
    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>
    >
    > Paintings Pain and Pun <http://laughatthepain.blogspot.com>

    Thanks John, I wish you the same as well.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Dec 31, 2009