    Manuel Marino

    My Weblog / Music, Arts, People, Ideas
    http://www.manuelmarino.com

    Manuel Marino, Oct 19, 2007

  2. Manuel Marino wrote:
    > Hello, I'm a photo enthusiast who never passed to digital.
    >
    > Now I need to buy a new reflex, digital, for a photo album project.
    >
    > Any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much.

    Manuel,

    Two suggestions:

    1 - ask in the newsgroup: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, which is devoted
    to DSLR cameras and their accessories. I'll cross-post there and set
    follow-ups for you.

    2 - for low cost, but good quality, you could look at the Nikon D40 with
    its 18 - 55mm kit lens. Add extra lenses as you need them. It has good
    low-light performance, and its 6MP may suit your project well. You may
    even be able to get a Nikon rebate and make the cost even less.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 19, 2007

  3. Manuel Marino

    John Ortt Guest

    "Manuel Marino" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, I'm a photo enthusiast who never passed to digital.
    >
    > Now I need to buy a new reflex, digital, for a photo album project.
    >
    > Any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much.
    >

    > --
    > Manuel Marino

    God I feel like a traitor here........but have you considdered a prosumer
    P&S?

    What exactly are you going to be doing with the camera?

    John Ortt, Oct 19, 2007
  4. Manuel Marino

    ChrisM Guest

    In message 47187332$,
    John Ortt <> Proclaimed from the
    tallest tower:

    > "Manuel Marino" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello, I'm a photo enthusiast who never passed to digital.
    >>
    >> Now I need to buy a new reflex, digital, for a photo album project.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Manuel Marino

    > God I feel like a traitor here........but have you considdered a
    > prosumer P&S?

    Oooh! You photo-snob you. Why do you feel like a traitor? What's wrong with
    a P&S camera, for certain things at least?

    :)

    --
    Regards,
    Chris.

    ChrisM, Oct 19, 2007
  5. Manuel Marino

    WalkingMan Guest

    On Oct 19, 7:14?am, "ChrisM" <> wrote:
    > In message 47187332$,
    > John Ortt <> Proclaimed from the
    > tallest tower:
    >
    > > "Manuel Marino" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hello, I'm a photo enthusiast who never passed to digital.

    > >> Now I need to buy a new reflex, digital, for a photo album project.

    > >> Any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much.

    > >> --
    > >> Manuel Marino

    > > God I feel like a traitor here........but have you considdered a
    > > prosumer P&S?

    > Oooh! You photo-snob you. Why do you feel like a traitor? What's wrong with
    > a P&S camera, for certain things at least?
    >
    > :)
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Chris.
    > (Remove Elvis's shoes to email me)

    Amen to that. As an amateur photog for 50 years, I bought a digital
    P&S under $100. I miss the rangefinder, but after 3 months and 3000
    pix, am still learning the fine points of it. Unless I need a 11X14
    of a small portion of the image, the quality is great. My still
    favorite is the 1957 Nikon S-2, still waiting for the first repair!
    Marshel

    WalkingMan, Oct 19, 2007
  6. Manuel Marino

    mack Guest

    "WalkingMan" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 19, 7:14?am, "ChrisM" <> wrote:
    >> In message 47187332$,
    >> John Ortt <> Proclaimed from
    >> the
    >> tallest tower:
    >>
    >> > "Manuel Marino" <> wrote in message

    >> > God I feel like a traitor here........but have you considdered a
    >> > prosumer P&S?

    >> Oooh! You photo-snob you. Why do you feel like a traitor? What's wrong
    >> with
    >> a P&S camera, for certain things at least?
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Chris.
    >> (Remove Elvis's shoes to email me)

    > Amen to that. As an amateur photog for 50 years, I bought a digital
    > P&S under $100. I miss the rangefinder, but after 3 months and 3000
    > pix, am still learning the fine points of it. Unless I need a 11X14
    > of a small portion of the image, the quality is great. My still
    > favorite is the 1957 Nikon S-2, still waiting for the first repair!
    > Marshel

    and another amen from me! I've had three digital cameras, an older Casio,
    a nice Konica-Minolta with 10x zoom and just got a shirt pocket-size
    Panasonic Lumix FX O7 which I took on vacation to Hawaii...and that's my
    favorite. At this point, (having lugged around a Topcon D-1 and other SLRs
    in my film days) I wouldn't have a DSLR regardless of price and features.

    mack, Oct 20, 2007