    problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs dialling
    them fron O2.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Barry, Apr 24, 2006

  2. Barry

    Jono Guest

    Barry wrote:
    > I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
    > me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
    > problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs dialling
    > them fron O2.
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    There are all sorts of issues dialling 0560 numbers - Most NTL Landlines
    cannot call them - T-Mobile is another.

    I accidentally acquired an 0560 number which I cannot ring from Orange....

    Who's got an 0560 number that you call? Get them to replace it with a
    normal geographic number. Free providers: www.sipgate.co.uk www.voip.co.uk

    Jono, Apr 24, 2006

  3. Barry

    Barry Guest

    I'm in the process of getting Telewest to allow 0560 numbers but its not
    the point. The issue is whether a provider should be able to dictate which
    numbers I can call, as long as I pay why should they decide who or what I
    choose to call, plus I can't find anything in the Terms and Conditions that
    says they can choose not to allow these numbers.

    Barry, Apr 24, 2006
  4. Barry

    Jono Guest

    Barry laid this down on his screen :

    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Barry wrote:
    >>> I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
    >>> me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
    >>> problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs
    >>> dialling them fron O2.
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.

    >> There are all sorts of issues dialling 0560 numbers - Most NTL Landlines
    >> cannot call them - T-Mobile is another.
    >>
    >> I accidentally acquired an 0560 number which I cannot ring from Orange....
    >>
    >> Who's got an 0560 number that you call? Get them to replace it with a
    >> normal geographic number. Free providers: www.sipgate.co.uk www.voip.co.uk

    > I'm in the process of getting Telewest to allow 0560 numbers but its not the
    > point. The issue is whether a provider should be able to dictate which
    > numbers I can call, as long as I pay why should they decide who or what I
    > choose to call, plus I can't find anything in the Terms and Conditions that
    > says they can choose not to allow these numbers.

    Sincerely, I wish you luck. Perhaps, if you succeed, NTL will follow
    suit, now TW & NTL are one, so to speak.

    Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
    choose your Telco, after all.

    Jono, Apr 24, 2006
  5. Barry

    TKD Guest

    >I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
    >me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
    >problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs
    >dialling them fron O2.
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    When I had one of these with awful numbers with BT Broadband Voice I
    complained and told them the service was not fit for purpose as I could not
    receive calls from several networks. They gave me a second geo number that
    diverted to my BT BBV number. However it was an Birmingham number which
    was confusing to my contacts as I am in London. I don't use BT anymore.

    TKD, Apr 24, 2006
  6. Barry

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Barry wrote:
    > I'm in the process of getting Telewest to allow 0560 numbers but its not
    > the point. The issue is whether a provider should be able to dictate which
    > numbers I can call, as long as I pay why should they decide who or what I
    > choose to call, plus I can't find anything in the Terms and Conditions that
    > says they can choose not to allow these numbers.

    They can do what they want, unless you think it says somewhere in their
    T&Cs that they have to allow you to call any telephone number/prefix
    current or future.

    Only BT and KC are currently obliged to such things - you should
    complain to Ofcom, but don't hold your breath.

    Paul Cupis, Apr 24, 2006
  7. Barry

    Stuart Ward Guest

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:

    > Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
    > choose your Telco, after all.

    No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number they
    must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via
    offcom, and it can take a while for all the networks to support new codes.

    Check the number out on http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/cgi-bin-Phones/nng?GNG=
    or use my search page
    http://www.wardrowntree.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/search.html

    --
    Kind Regards
    Stuart

    Stuart Ward, Apr 24, 2006
  8. Barry

    GwG Guest

    "Stuart Ward" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:
    >

    >> Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
    >> choose your Telco, after all.

    > No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number
    > they
    > must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via
    > offcom, and it can take a while for all the networks to support new
    > codes.

    According to Oftel, NTL can, and presumably so can some other companies.
    When 0560 numbers were first introduced, I contacted Oftel informing
    them of NTL's refusal to enable the numbers. Oftel were very concerned
    and looked into it, but the outcome was that they had no power to force
    NTL to enable 0560 numbers.

    GwG, Apr 25, 2006
  9. Barry

    Linus Surguy Guest

    Stuart Ward <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:
    >

    >> Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
    >> choose your Telco, after all.

    >No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number they
    >must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via

    I'm afraid Telewest and NTL do not have a USO, nor do they have SMP in Call
    Origination, therefore they are allowed to carry and not carry any number ranges
    they like.

    Whilst you might possibily have some ground under consumer/advertising
    regulations, you don't under telecom ones.

    Linus

    www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
    Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!

    Linus Surguy, Apr 25, 2006
  10. Barry

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Stuart Ward wrote :
    > On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:
    >

    >> Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
    >> choose your Telco, after all.

    > No they cant,

    Yes they can, yes they can, yes they can (with the exception of
    Kingston & BT AFAIK)

    Jono, Apr 25, 2006