    Thank you
    Anil
    , Apr 30, 2005

  2. radar Guest

    wrote:

    > I just bought a few Cisco IP phones 7940 from an auction. I am curious
    > to know if there is a way i can set these up with out a service
    > provider and just use them as internal phones and have conversations
    > within the office. I am trying to see if I can do this.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Anil

    Well, no. they're not analogue phones as you know so you would in
    essence have to become your own service provider, create a server etc.
    Anyway you have lots of reading ahead of you.

    (by the way, they're actually pretty good phones).
    radar, May 1, 2005

  3. Paul Guest

    Locate a spare computer and download asterisk@home.
    It has everything to get you started, you should be able to get your cisco
    phones working even if you don't have the SIP firmware for them.
    Make sure you read all the documentation ;)

    Good luck
    -Paul

    Paul, May 1, 2005