    handle phone surveys? Is this a feature that is built into a pbx?
    Excuse my ignorance, but I have no telecom experience(only computer
    development). Thanks.
    sb, Feb 17, 2006

  2. sb

    shido xavier Guest

    sb wrote:
    > Can someone provide me a brief overview of setting up a system to
    > handle phone surveys? Is this a feature that is built into a pbx?
    > Excuse my ignorance, but I have no telecom experience(only computer
    > development). Thanks.

    Configuring Asterisk for Interactive Voice Response wouldn't be too
    difficult. What kind of results / questions are you looking for in the
    survey? Please reply in detail.

    -sx

    IM:
    shido xavier, Feb 22, 2006

  3. sb

    sb Guest

    I've got a few restaurant clients that are interested in offering a
    phone survey for their guests. This is something my company would like
    to offer them instead of sending the business elsewhere.

    The process would be something like this: a code would print out on
    their receipt with a message about taking the survey and getting $5 off
    their next meal. 2x daily the POS system would feed the PBX/IVR system
    (or some middleware system/db) a list of checks/code combinations.
    The guest would call the phone number, enter the code that was on their
    check(which would have been uploaded to the pbx/ivr system), take a
    survey about the restaurant(cleanliness, speed of service, etc) then be
    able to potentially leave a voice message at the end. Then, the code
    would be sent back to the POS as taken so it could be used as a coupon.
    The guest would bring their prior check back to the restaurant with
    the code which could be looked up as a valid coupon taken.

    That is the gist of what I'm trying to do. The POS(point of sale) side
    and integration layer I can handle, but it seems that finding any
    information (or even an overview) on pbx/ivr systems is difficult for
    some reason as if I could build this I could easily get other clients.
    An accessible database would be important on the pbx/ivr side.

    Any help or even a link about this on the web would be great.
    sb, Feb 22, 2006
  4. sb

    shido xavier Guest

    sb wrote:
    > I've got a few restaurant clients that are interested in offering a
    > phone survey for their guests. This is something my company would like
    > to offer them instead of sending the business elsewhere.

    Do you have a spare PC?
    High speed internet connection?

    > The process would be something like this: a code would print out on
    > their receipt with a message about taking the survey and getting $5 off
    > their next meal. 2x daily the POS system would feed the PBX/IVR system
    > (or some middleware system/db) a list of checks/code combinations.

    > The guest would call the phone number, enter the code that was on their
    > check(which would have been uploaded to the pbx/ivr system), take a
    > survey about the restaurant(cleanliness, speed of service, etc) then be
    > able to potentially leave a voice message at the end. Then, the code
    > would be sent back to the POS as taken so it could be used as a coupon.
    > The guest would bring their prior check back to the restaurant with
    > the code which could be looked up as a valid coupon taken.
    >
    > That is the gist of what I'm trying to do. The POS(point of sale) side
    > and integration layer I can handle, but it seems that finding any
    > information (or even an overview) on pbx/ivr systems is difficult for
    > some reason as if I could build this I could easily get other clients.
    > An accessible database would be important on the pbx/ivr side.
    >
    > Any help or even a link about this on the web would be great.

    Can your POS post to a mysql server ?

    Asterisk can pull the data out of the mysql server when an 8xx number or
    local number connected to Asterisk answers and the customer inputs
    whatever number combination you're looking for and ask the prerecorded
    questions in IVR form.

    If you can post to mysql you're looking at about a few hrs of setup if
    you already have a spare PC and broadband connection.

    How many simultaneous calls do expect?

    -sx

    IM:
    shido xavier, Feb 23, 2006
  5. "shido xavier" <> wrote in message
    > Can your POS post to a mysql server ?
    >
    > Asterisk can pull the data out of the mysql server when an 8xx number or
    > local number connected to Asterisk answers and the customer inputs
    > whatever number combination you're looking for and ask the prerecorded
    > questions in IVR form.

    Can you elaborate on the above? I am curious if this functionality is built
    into Asterisk or would require some programming knowledge?

    Thank you,

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Roberts, Feb 23, 2006