Phone Firmware (7905 Load) does not show up in CallManager Express

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by TexasMirty@gmail.com, May 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Steps I completed:

    1. Downloaded the firmware file from Cisco.
    2. Downloaded a TFTP server program to make my windows a TFTP server.
    3. From the Call Manager CLI, did a "copy tftp" command to upload the
    file. File name CP79050101SCCP030530B.sbin

    It is now loaded in there, along with the other phone loads:

    tftp-server flash:p00303020214.bin
    tftp-server flash:p00305000301.sbn
    tftp-server flash:p00403020214.bin
    tftp-server flash:CP79050101SCCP030530B.sbin

    (The phone loads for 7910, 7940 and 7960 have a different convention of
    file naming, so they look different than the one I just added for
    7905.)

    But my Call Manager GUI still does not show it. Is there another step
    to add this phone load?

    Thank you!

    , May 1, 2006

  2. Guest

    Well, I figured out that I had left out one step -- In config mode,
    telephony-server, add the new firmware there:

    pohn_CME(config)#telephony-service
    Spohn_CME(config-telephony)#load 7905 CP79050101SCCP030530B.sbin
    Updating CNF files
    CNF files update complete

    After that, I rebooted one of the 7905 phones and it displayed
    "updating" as it booted -- got the new firmware. Yay.

    So the phone load still isn't listed in CME, but I guess that does not
    matter, since the phones are getting the updates anyway.

    , May 1, 2006