    me to dial and use the microphone and speakers on my computer in addition to
    the ordinary handset. I had such a program once but it only ran on an HP
    computer.

    Roger Dewhurst, Aug 3, 2007

  2. Roger Dewhurst

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Roger Dewhurst" <> wrote in
    news:f906mb$hsr$:

    > Can anyone make a recommedation on software, other than VOIP, which
    > permits me to dial and use the microphone and speakers on my computer
    > in addition to the ordinary handset. I had such a program once but it
    > only ran on an HP computer.

    So you have a modem in your PC, and it has the feature where you can plug a
    mike and speakers into it. I have heard of that feature and you are the
    first person I have ever heard of who used it and wants to use it again.
    I can't even remember the technical name of that feature, but once we find
    that out, the solutions will come rolling in for you.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 4, 2007

  3. Roger Dewhurst

    frederick Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > "Roger Dewhurst" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Can anyone make a recommedation on software, other than VOIP, which
    >> permits me to dial and use the microphone and speakers on my computer
    >> in addition to the ordinary handset. I had such a program once but it
    >> only ran on an HP computer.
    >>

    > So you have a modem in your PC, and it has the feature where you can plug a
    > mike and speakers into it. I have heard of that feature and you are the
    > first person I have ever heard of who used it and wants to use it again.
    > I can't even remember the technical name of that feature, but once we find
    > that out, the solutions will come rolling in for you.

    Rapidcom Voice was software that USR (amd others?) used to supply with
    some voice modems. IIRC it would allow use of either the modem's built
    in speaker and mic, or the PC sound card speaker and mic, and included
    answerphone and address book functionality. It worked quite well on
    w95/98 - probably okay on Xp but I've never tried.
    I'm pretty sure I've got a copy ... somewhere - if the OP can't find it
    for d/l on the net, post here and I'll take a look.

    frederick, Aug 4, 2007
  4. Roger Dewhurst

    Dave Taylor Guest

    frederick <> wrote in news:1186227627.234798@ftpsrv1:

    > Rapidcom Voice was software that USR (amd others?) used to supply with
    > some voice modems. IIRC it would allow use of either the modem's built
    > in speaker and mic, or the PC sound card speaker and mic, and included
    > answerphone and address book functionality.

    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=voice modem software

    I am pretty sure this is exactly what the OP wanted to find.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Aug 5, 2007